Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Countdown to Christmas Swap

 image

My camera batteries are exhausted and today is Day 1 of our Matchbox Swap.  We're supposed to open the corresponding number each day until Christmas.  What to do?  Well, I took these with my laptop camera – pretty bad but isn't the box just so cute and Tracy at Sunset 97, who made the box also made the gift inside – these adorable little gold Christmas light earrings.  Thank you to Tracy!day1

And you can't really see how neat they are.   I've seen a lot of the blogs who have  cute little trees and all the boxes on them but I'm sooo not decorated for Christmas yet.  In the meantime I put each little box in this little advent tree numbered 1 to 24. 

DSCN5391

The #1 box that I  made went to Shawnees Tangled Tales

Hope I can keep all this straight….fat chance!!!

7 comments:

  1. Nancy, So resourceful of you- there's no stopping a girl on a crafty mission! Thanks for sharing your delightful first matchbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first matchbox you received and your display is ahead of mine...I'm storing my boxes in th ebag they arrived in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nancy,

    thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for the sweet thank you on my blog and on here...i'm so glad to finally know the home of my #1 matchbox... :) i've been a hunt all evening...lol i'm glad you like it...i really had fun altering the matchboxes...and putting little gifts inside too!!

    have a good evening!!

    reacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh are these ever cute!!!! They look so tempting in the little Advent box. I have made Lots of changes to my Tag Along to make it easier. (You saw it before changes) I have only one group Happy Homemaker. I so would love you to participate. Two tags a month is so doable! I will sign you up unless this will not be okay. Thank you again for lending your talent! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my! It is so festive to see all of them on the same photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you have the matchboxes displayed in the little advent tree...they look wonderful! I was the happy recipient of your Day 2 matchbox and I just love it! Thank you...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm participating in this swap too and love how you organized your matchboxes! I think I see one of mine peeking out there somewhere! Could you tell me who your #25 is from if you know? I think I have their #12 but didn't get the name and blog addr. Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete