Sunday, December 19, 2010

Mosaic Monday

At our church we have a cozy little chapel with a large screen showing the service and ceremonies at the altar in the main church.  Years ago when the church was built I don't think they had many wheelchairs or older people who had a problem climbing the steep stairs to the church plus they were old Germans so no would dream of complaining of a hardship! In the  '40s or '50s I think they installed a tiny elevator should anyone need it.   A lot of older folks still like the chapel with the comfortable chairs and easy access to the porte coche.  As you can see there's some pre baptism pictures being taken.  Anyway, we always decorate the church but no one seems to do anything in the chapel.  This year after we put up the trees in church I asked if I could put a tree in there.

DSCN5643

It's just a little tinsel tree, no lights and sitting in one of the old fern stands.  I used all old shiny bright ornaments from a church members estate and a bit of vintage garland.  The ornaments are all the colors of the gorgeous stained glass windows lining the room.

DSCN5638a 

Simple but shiny, up high where all can see.

DSCN5640a-horz

I hope it brought a smile to some of the folks in there.

DSCN5645b

It made me happy!

I'm joining Mary at the Little Red House for Mosaic Monday.  A really nice break from the hustle and bustle!

5 comments:

  1. cute little tree...made me smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little tree!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty little tree! It made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea! The tree is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet little tree and I'm sure that it did make those who use the chapel smile.

    ReplyDelete