Friday, September 25, 2009

The Power of Pink Friendship

For Pink Saturday I'm sharing a book seven friends made in Ruidoso. We were so inspired with the butterfly release (next post down) and then our friend Carol saw the poem - Advice From A Butterfly - and we decided to each design a page and make copies and make a paper bag album for each of us. More importantly we made an 8th copy and that's the one I'm sharing. It's for our Head Paper Cowgirl Tina. Tina went into the hospital last week for an emergency appendectomy and her doctors discovered that she has colon cancer with some liver involvement. Tina has so many friends in blogland - all praying for her as we did at every meal in Ruidoso.  As our other head Paper Cowgirl Cindy @ Yapping Cat Studio says - "if you are so inclined say a prayer for Tina".


This is sage advice for all of us.

This is Pam’s page – she’s a really precise cardmaker and loved the imperfection of our “altered book”.

DSC08921

LaVerne is the responsible person who brought almost all the craft supplies we needed!


Here’s my page – pretty simple but I thought that is what my line called for.


Judy’s page looks like a watercolor – so serene.


And how fitting for our daredevil Patty – Catch a Breeze.


As busy as Barbara is she really does take time to do just this…and always has time for a friend.

 Carol has low craft esteem – she’s never done any like this before and was frustrated  but I think it’s wonderful and she is a monarch in my book.

Then we made a pocket page and filled it with blessings and love.


LaVerne found this wonderful silver Healing Hand for Tina.  It holds healing elements from the earth – silver, amethest and peridot.


and lastly the back page.


For my recommendation for a blog to visit I'm suggesting Tina - Glue On My Fingers - Paint in My Hair


She's an incredibly talented faux and decorative painter of walls! and an amazing artist. You may have seen her work in Somerset Magazine. Stop over and say hello.

Several  blogs are making art projects for Tina and I’m so happy to be a part of those also.  Too much support is always welcome don’t you think???

Mendy and Lisa @ Mendy Texas and Jan @ The Polka Dot Barn.

Thanks for stopping by and thank you to Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for hosting Pink Saturday.

xoxo Nancy


 

19 comments:

  1. I was on your blog showing Mike your wonderful montage of our trip when low and behold along came the Butterfly Book for Tina. He thinks it's a miracle that it came on right when we were looking...maybe it was. I am blown away by your talent my friend. Love, T & B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book is absolutely awesome. Prayers for Tina, Hope you have a wonderful week,
    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I love your book and I too am praying every day for Tina and her family! She sounded just the other day happy to be home and was enjoying a bit of sunshine, so that was uplifting to read on Facebook!
    I can see you and your girls are having a wonderful time! That's great! Happy PS to you! Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful book you all created for your friend Tina! She'll appreciate it more than you all will ever know! So many beautiful thoughts of friendship and love in it! PAM

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness I love love love this book!!
    Happy pink Saturday!
    xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, especially the back page which is my fave, colors and layering are fantastic. Happy PS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made the beautiful book look even more beautiful...LaVerne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, I have already said a prayer for your friend, and I will continue. She is very blessed to have all of you.

    And, your gift to her is exquisite. I agree that you can never have too much love.

    Happy Pink Saturday to a very special lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful book and a wonderful gift for your friend! Have a wonderful pink Saturday Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prayers are being said for Tina!!! Your book is beautiful and so special! How lucky you all are to have each other!
    HAPPY PINK SATURDAY!
    Jil

    ReplyDelete
  11. The book is beautiful and will surely mean so much to your friend. She will be remembered in my prayers. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, thank you for sharing such beautiful work!! You and your friends are so talented. And Tina will definitely be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You gurls are too dear! I know she will love it, its just beautiful!

    hugs,
    -c
    yapping cat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello such a lovely pink post. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great day.
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Pink Saturday Nancy!

    Beautiful, beautiful work - very creative. I've enjoyed your post :)

    Have a great week.
    ciao for now,
    Elena :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work or should I say play! God bless Tina, I will go visit her blog....as for the swap, I do anything artist that I can find time for, with whatever I can get my hands on! No worries!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Nancy! I am so sorry I haven't visited your wonderful PS post until now. My life has been busy and computer time has not happened. I am SO sorry about Tina. I just said a prayer for her and will also continue to do so. I'm certain your wonderful butterfly book, filled with the talent of her friends and their well wishes, has gone a long way in making her feel better. What a grand expression of friendship and love.

    I just know you girls had a blast on your trip. I wish I could have been in a corner to watch the "goin' ons" !

    My sales are still happening. Last year, I neglected my sales cuz I was so wrapped up in my new love of "blogging". This season, I have to devote more time to making items to sell. . . so my computery time has been suffering. I hope you know I think of you often and now I will also be thinking of Tina and praying for her and her family.

    L, Dana

    PS Hope your Lilly is OK!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nancy, this book means so much to me, I could feel the love radiate from it as I opened each page! Thank you all so much for making it for me and the prayers! The prayers are lifting us up everyday and making this unwanted journey bareable. You gals have my heart!
    much love and big hugs!
    tee

    ReplyDelete