Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September 1st

Oct Layout007_editedI love it – the first day of September - a day that holds so much promise for me.  The relentless heat has already loosened its grip in the early morning…allowing us to sit outside where it’s just a bit cooler than the air conditioned house.  The sun in the late afternoon looks just a tiny bit different as it filters through the blinds.  And there is the slim outside chance that a cold front could blow through. Fall is on it’s way and I love it – my favorite season.  What about you?  What’s your favorite time of year?  And aren’t you glad I won’t be whining about the heat all the time?!?  xoxo Nancy

SBblogfooter

6 comments:

  1. Yahoo! cooler weather ahead!!!and we have rain in the forecast for Friday...hope so...central Texas needs every drop it can get! I agree 199% about fall being the best!!!even though we don't have the flashy take-your-breath-away fall of the new England states, the color change we do have is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nancy,
    Yes, I love fall, and I so long for cooler weather and hopefully some rain!!! It is my favorite season. . autumn leaves, football, Halloween, Thanksgiving are a part of this lovely season. Springtime runs a close second. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, you forgot the best part of September - Longhorns kick off Saturday! You're right, it has been pleasant in the morning. And even though it was hot again this afternoon, we may get rain this weekend. Hope you have a great holiday weekend. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, you have the most fabulously wonderful site here and I had to leave this comment for you ! Your posts are beautifully written, creative and original too, and you have interesting pictures.

    It's all perfect !

    Thank you for sharing your site and best wishes.... 'Happy September'....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you, fall is my favorite time too. Even though it sometimes is still in the 90's here in north-east Florida. We've actually had a break in the heat and the skies look just a little more blue & it is a little more pleasant.
    I was visiting the blogs of all those who participated in Xmas in July. I love vintage & loved your tag - thank you! It was alot of fun & I hope we meet up again. I'm pretty new at all this. Hugs...Tracy
    BTW - please stop in and visit me at my blog http://cottonpickincute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Yes, no more (hopefully) whining about the heat over here either. :D

    Fall, for sure Fall. And loved the post!

    hugs,
    c
    yapping cat

    ReplyDelete