Thursday, June 5, 2014

All Good Things Must Come To An End

Yes - sadly there are several things coming to an end.  My computer - a corupt file uploaded to my computer from ... of all places...my McAfee program.  It completely wiped out wireless detection.  I was fortunate that I really didn't lose anything important like my photos but I did lose some programs.  It also wiped out my husband's wireless, my Kindle wireless, my phone wireless and McAfees fix did not work.  I was crippled without my computer - addresses, appointments and oh yeah...the wireless printer so I had to actually go to the post office and physically pay for postage. I got the new Dell back in time to post my pictures of  Susan's Heart To Heart Journal.
Pink was one of the colors she preferred for her Journal. I made a word cloud shaped like a heart using words from her blog.  "Read" was her top word so I placed it on a book cover.








From me it goes to LaVerne, then to Shelia  and finally back to Susan so that's another good thing coming to an end...our journals.

And then there is The Roost.  We're closing it at the Round Rock Mall and will only be at the Austin Antique Mall.  We'll still have the Vintage Roost online but it makes me sad that I haven't been able to work at keeping it up like I did originally.  So - for now we'll just have Oodles which has been outselling the Roost 3 to 1.  Another good thing coming to an end. Sigh....And tonight at my grandson's football game the seniors will be honored.  I'm still trying to figure out how he was just starting kinder... 


 
and all of a sudden he's a senior in high school. #52
I've loved every minute of the past seventeen years and the joy he's brought to our lives. Okie Dokie.  That's it for me for Beverly's Pink Saturday.  I've got to get ready for the big game tonight.  BTW...they won last week 43 to 7! Go Raiders.
Here's to Good Things...beginning or ending! xoxo Nancy 

10 comments:

  1. Love the journal, and they sure grow up fast, don't they...too fast. Great pics.
    Happy pinks!
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely journal. I'm thinking of a space at Antique Market in Austin. Any thoughts?
    Enjoy the weekend. Happy Pink Saturday! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time flies ... oh, so quickly. Handsome lads there. Love that gorgeous journal.
    Have a lovely weekend ~

    GIVEAWAY ends 9/9

    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creative journal. Visiting from Pink Saturday.

    PINK reminds is my entry.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love SUSAN'S "Heart to Heart" pages!! :) As always, you did a remarkable job with your layout! Love the word cloud shaped like a heart and how you used words from her blog...what a special touch!!

    Maaaaaan, I'm so sorry about your computer woes. See....and "they" want us to go paperless everywhere when all it takes is a bad file and everything goes down. I still like my "hard copies".

    I'm sorry you're closing The Roost. It's such a wonderful booth. Antiques are slow moving some times. The big thing around here seems to be the monthly events that go on in several spots......several vendors come together and set up shop in old buildings and the word spreads like wildfire. The problem is....it's hard to find things to resell at bargain prices cuz now EVERYBODY is a picker!! :) The big sale Bonnie and I are going to be in soon is one of those sales, but he just has it twice a year. Our antiques will be "smalls" and we'll sell our whimsical folk art items (Halloween). Problem for me is that I have very few vintage things to sell and haven't had time to look for them...and when I do get to stop at a thrift store or g. sale I strike out.

    Your gr. boy is a MAN! Wow....how did that happen so quickly? I know you have loved every minute of watching him grow . . .and have loved being a huge part of his life!

    Gotta go.....HPS....and once again, I'm so danged glad you're back to your blog!! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad thing got worked for you. Computers are nice when they work. However, very frustrating when they do not. I seem to have something going on all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was really great to revisit this post, Nancy! I also reread the first comment I'd left!! ha ha!! It was a good one, wasn't it? :)

    Hope all is well with you and yours. My hubby, daughter and I just returned from a movie....and I do NOT recommend it..."A Million Ways to Die in the Old West". There were a few funny moments but mostly it was just bad. I should have left and snuck into Malificent!! :) We went out to dinner afterwards, so that was nice!!

    We're getting ready for rain to ruin a couple of Sat. events....1. a huge run in KC...The Hospital Hill Run. I ran in your honor last year, if you recall, as you were having some leg issues then!! They messed with the schedule this year...plus I was having my own leg issues and really wasn't back up to good conditioning to run those hills like I could last year...but my son is running the half. 2. Theres a good flea market we're gonna head to in the morning if it's not storming. 3. rescheduled our 5:30 a.m. run (with the running group) cuz of the big possiblitly of rain.....I've been soaked twice in the last four runs and I don't want to shoot for no. 3 right now!! :)

    Yes...it was asesome to visit with Jeanne! She's a hoot and she loves flea markets, too!!

    Have a great weekend!!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am always apprehensive every time I get on this thing, you just never know when some bug will hit. This one has been in the shop 3 x already so I can commiserate. Glad you re-posted the journal it is wonderful !
    My GRANDson is in college and I swear to you he was in kindergarten just yesterday. We blink and they are grown sigh.
    Happy Pink Saturday !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pages in the Circle of Friends journal project were all so wonderful and I loved this one especially! I posted pictures of our latest Itty Bitty Book this Saturday. Have a Pink Week. Wish we were getting some of the rain that is threatening Dana's weekend plans.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely journal, and very creatively done.

    Blessings,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete