Monday, August 18, 2008

The Nester's Mistreatment Party

I'm sure you guys are in a big hurry so I'll jump right in! Here are two windows in my kitchen that I mistreat on a regular basis. It's an old petticoat (that I blogged about here) and huge Pottery Barn Napkins from Goodwill!
When Christmas rolls around this is how I do a Holiday Mistreatment! Overlook the messy table - I never expected to be putting these pics on a blog! These are the most adorable Snowman Days of The Week towels.In this picture you can see in the mirror that heavier curtain to your right is a....matelasse bedspread that is hung on rings over the wall. I did that so it would look like the bed was centered over a large window instead of a single one. That lamp got a mini mistreatment with lace and a vintage pin.
Here's another one I mistreated. NOT!!! (He just thinks he is!) Now for real.......This was mistreated with an old quilt top and..a vintage crocheted runner. I really didn't like it so I bought some lace panels at a garage sale for $2.00 to use as a table covering and Guess What?? they worked perfectly...on the same window! I love the light airy look it gives this little attic room.Now who would have ever dreamed of using a real curtain on a window???Hmmm. Since it was a curtain to be used as a tablecloth and then used on a window it should qualify as a.....Mistreatment......don't you agree???
Thanks Nester for "opening the window" to all this blog fun today! And thank you for stopping by my humble little blog. YNancy

31 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I really like the quilt top as a panel. My mom's home is decorated with primitives, and she has used old quilts as window treatment. So cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to change out the treatments for holidays! I had to laugh at your mistreated hubby.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love the dish towels! If I ever have a kitchen window I will have to remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as we all love your creativity, the hubby was the best...thanks for the great laugh. You take care him now, you hear?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas! I really like the one done in your bedroom. Great foolery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came over from Nester . . . . My goodness you are creative!! I might have cute things in my house, but trust me, I've copied 99% of everything from someone else. Great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello, love your mistreatments, especially the hubby lol!

    my fave is the napkins on the cafe window, I'm going to try that, I am always seeing napkins i like, in fact I have my own huge stash

    enjoy the party...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the photo of the quilt top "mistreatment" and the attic room! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative and I love your mistreatments! You gave me some "out-of-the-box" ideas and my crocheted table runner might just find a new home. That attic room is cozy comfy adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that you do special holiday mistreatments!! i want to come to your house at christmas!

    oh, oh, I am so stealing your mistreatment button/title and putting it on my blog post--I am not a computer person and my designer is working on a new one for me!!

    Hope you don't sue me...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job! I love it...Screaming Meme

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am back to post AGAIN and give you a standing ovation. I just realized that YOU and not the Nester made up that button for her party. Oh my...how are you such a computer guru that you knew how to do that. I want anything for mine.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so creative with your mistreatments~love, love the picture of your man in there too. The quilt is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mistreatments are so pretty! I love the first one with the petticoat and napkins.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very creative and shabby chic like.

    Holiday curtains..what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have so many croqueted runners that aren't out - now I have a new use for them! Great ideas...and is that white brick in your kitchen? We have it, too, and I lurve it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have so many croqueted runners that aren't out - now I have a new use for them! Great ideas...and is that white brick in your kitchen? We have it, too, and I lurve it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I adore the petticoats for curtains in your kitchen! That looks really great. The snowmen are cute too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The petticoat and the vintage runner are delightful! I like the Christmas treatment. Fall and the holidays are my favorite times to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh what a sweet idea to use a petticoat...love that!

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  21. That kitchen mistreatment is so adorable! I just love it's sweet look. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your mistreatments. The quilt top is a great idea, I love your last picture of the room with the slanted walls, it looks so warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how you creatively used everything! My favorites are the petticoat, & lace/pin on the lamp. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am digging the holiday mistreatment idea. Never thought of that, so thanks for the inspiration. I believe my hubby thinks he's mistreated as well. Aren't that all at some point.
    Nah, we know we love them.
    ~Connie

    ReplyDelete
  25. love your holiday mistreatments--must be fun to change them and get new things up throughout the year.
    You have a very nice blog...I'll be sure to check back.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice work! I especially love, love, LOVE the mistreatement with the quilt top. (I have a quilt addiction). Thanks for sharing your great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I do like a good mis-treatment and you seem to have mastered it!! Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  28. I didn't realise that other people saw so many creative opportunties to hang other things on windows than approved curtains- Yeah i found where I belong!!! love the santa towels!

    ReplyDelete