Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lovely Birdhouse NOT For Sale

Remember this? My $1.00 bargain? Well it had a makeover - a little paint, some new legs, dermabrasion, and now it looks like a new Birdhouse! My hubby, Jeff, made it into this wonderful church! It's so delightful that it's levitating! Well, it looks like it anyway.

It is for sale for $200 but please do not buy this birdhouse because it looks great in my living room and I want to keep it. Also, lets just keep that between us and I will tell Jeff I am trying really hard to sell it. So here's the front.........
The legs are old porch posts. (Ignore that shabby looking shed in the background - it's getting a makeover this year, too). Here's the back done with old Lutheran hymnal pages, and a vintage teapot lid.....
The base is old blue and white broken china - a little teapot and another lid. It weighs a ton so shipping is out of the question. So most likely only people in Austin could buy this - maybe only a Pflugerville resident - someone on my block who wouldn't want something like this anyway. This side has glass and brass knobs - hmmm - I could hang a big tassel there.and this side has old buttons and what? my old new stock clock hands from Round Top. You know, that's my china and teapot, too.And my buttons. I bought those porch posts too. Looks like I have about 99.99% ownership of this anyway. I just love my new birdhouse. Thank you Jeff!!!


6 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Nancy, tell Jeff that is ONE AMAZING birdhouse!!! It's just beautiful, absolutely gorgeous!
    (and way to "sell" it Nancy1!) LOL!
    It's really, really nice... GREAT JOB! ;)
    Hugs,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet, Shannon. He should at least get a compliment for his work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Birdhouse is Gorgeous ~ Jeff did a Fabulous job resdesigning it!! Wish I had $200.00 and lived on your Street ~ then I would be qualified to buy this Exquisite Birdhouse!!

    LOVE your six word Memoir!!

    Bunny Blessings ~

    Jayne
    www.bunnychicboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, you're a hoot and a holler!! lol That is one gorgeous house. I hope Donald Trump's bird doesn't see this post. But seriously, what a lovely birdhouse and so filled with beautiful detail. Hope you have a great weekend!!

    p.s. I haven't forgotten to post my 6 word memoir.;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful...I really would love it in my yard..with my bicyle's...you can just accidently send it to Illinois...lol hugs, cheryl Just got my etsy online tonight...Payton is doing better thanks for asking...

    ReplyDelete