Thursday, April 3, 2008

Let's Go Antique---ing

Finally - I'm showing you part of my trip to Round Top. Isn't this patriotic patch of bluebonnets just the prettiest?










And look at that lovely little pond framed by the beautiful Texas Hills.........wait a minute..... are we sightseeing or shopping.





Just yanking your chain...of course we're here to shop!
Let's get started.

This is at the La Bahia tent.


A really nice pink display. You just can't have too much pink! Love that glass sailboat tray.




This one was cute, too. This place is a little pricier this year than previous years. What? I got that toaster for a wedding gift and now it's posing as an antique???? I am so insulted!!!




So let's go back to the pink tent. See anything you like?


That darling sailboat tray is still there. Too expensive so


lets move on to the next place. Some of the best deals are in the junkiest places. Linens are a great deal if you're willing to wash them up yourself. If not............
this lady has beautifully displayed and pristine things. She also repurposes some of them into fabulous new things.

Even though there's a few red items she's the Purple lady to me.


See why? Everything is skirted with lavender cloths.

Then tied with pretty polka dot ribbons.









It all smells so fresh...like lavender.

I'll post some more pictures later of some Texas Chic places. Time to go watch Survivor and Lost. Have a restful Thursday evening. Nancy
PS How do you spell antiquing? Leave me a post so I can correct it tomorrow. I'm too lazy to do it tonight!

5 comments:

  1. Ack!!! Everybody got to go to RoundTop except ME! The really bad part is that my husband drives down to Austin 3 days out of every week to work! Oh well. Thanks for stopping by my blog to visit today!
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeekkk!!! how glorious are all those pictures! fabulous!
    i need to come to this show.
    oxoxox,
    jessi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you both need to come to this show. Alisa, are you near Canton? Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Nancy, what a wonderful site, not to mention "sight", seeing all those great pictures of so many people dear to me. I'm practically bawling my eyes out "like a little girl"(please...no offense, ladies) just like Barbara did when she went through your Mothers Day tribute. Great music, too! Thanks for the memories.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete