Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Faith and Chocolate and Shannon

You're probably thinking that this beautiful collection is from my trip to Round Top. It really looks like I spent a week shopping for my vintage red kitchen collection. Wrong These wonderful things were sent by my sweetheart of a swap partner Shannon for the I Dream of Spring swap. I love everything that she sent and it took me forever to go through it all: then I had to start over again and I kept finding more little surprises! I think Shannon snuck into my house one night and said "Oh - this little clothespin girl matches those hotpads and I'll get a trivet to go with that crocheted napkin holder" Here - I'll just show you; See these cute little dresses? Those are mine.


The little clothespin girl - Shannon!






The napkin holder - my sister gave it to me. That gorgeous giant trivet?
Again - Shannon.




Then there's this teapot napkin holder - I bid on this on three occasions and lost!










See where I'm going with this? That girl is psychic!


Not only psychic but talented! Look at all this stuff she made.

The vintage music flowers....and this adorable trading card.



Where could she have found these buttons. Wellllllll - she painted them!


This is some fabulous vintage wallpaper that I searched the whole state for. I couldn't find any but look who did.

Then for good measure she sent all these cards, bingo cards, antique typewriter tags. Wow. I was overwhelmed! Thank you, Shannon. This was so much fun - I love everything but the best part was making a new friend.

A big, big hug to you, Nancy

PS If you want to see some adorable kids click on the title to visit her website. You'll love it!

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing swap!...What a great partner you had...you're right, it's as if she had inside information on your collections...great job, Shannon. Nancy, thanks for sharing the pictures. LaVerne

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Yay! I am sooooo happy you'll enjoy everything I sent! Makes me all tingly inside. ;) Okay, now that I see pictures of what you had talked about in your email, I'VE SCARED MYSELF! And all I did, was look into pictures and words from your blog... wow! See what I mean about you being so personable??? ;)
    Nancy, it's been so much fun, and I too, am so glad to have made a new friend! Take care sweet girl... Now tell us all about Round Top! ;)
    Love & Hugs,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, okay... so now I'm seeing the previous post about your trip! (oops)

    ReplyDelete