Sunday, October 3, 2010

Little Boxes

I finally finished all of my matchboxes for A Swap For All Seasons.

All 25 five are decorated and numbered.  Tiny little boxes of fun!  For the blogalong here's my picture of Santa on matchbox.  (Linda has a cute little party going and you need a Santa picture posted somewhere)

mbcol1

I made a tiny little gift to tuck inside each tiny little box.  Some have charms, some a large paper clip with a little wire nest and vintage pearl "egg" and some a tiny little banner. 

mbcol4

Each of mine is different – only because I find it hard to do the same thing twice!mbcol2

This was such a fun project and it's ready to mail.  In about a month I'll receive a package back with 25 little boxes made by 25 different people.  My own little advent calendar! 

I'm joining  Mary at The Little Red House for Mosaic Monday.

15 comments:

  1. such a cute idea! I just love it...may have to try it. Is there a tutorial? ~Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my what beautiful works of art!!! Really very well done! Wishing you well! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Nancy! I love the tiny banners...so "joy"ful! I didn't join in he swap this time but I am enjoying seeing everyone's boxes...love yours!
    Have a great week~
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need good dexterity to manage to decorate something that small. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your contirbutions to the swap are sure to be a huge hit! Wish i had joined this one, but I could never have come up with so many clever creations...wonderful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable idea. I could see a whole Christmas tree decorated with these! If only I had tinier, nimbler fingers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, your matchboxes are so beautiful...was hoping to get my in the mail today, but didnt that goal of mine, but really do plan on mailing them out in the morning since i just realized that monday is "Columbus Day" and the post office will be closed....

    you did an excellent job on your matchboxes....i love them....!!! :)

    tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love your matchboxes! They are so beautiful! I'm both excited and nervous about participating in this swap. Boy it was hard finding stuff to fit into my matchboxes! Glad to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your matchboxes are so cute! I especially love the little JOY banners! This swap has been so much fun - I can't wait to receive my matchboxes! Everyone is so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi from the UK! I just came to visit Santa in Blogland!! Great to see that Santa has been for a visit to your blog too. :)
    WOW! Your altered matchboxes are gorgeous!! Hope I get one of yours in the swap!! ;)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your matchboxes look amazing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get one too!

    Sherry from England, UK

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful, very, very nice work. linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! What incredibly beautiful boxes and gifties!! I hope one of them comes my way!! :OD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy, they are all gorgeous! And I see Santa's face among them! Thanks for blogging-along! Linda

    ReplyDelete