Friday, October 8, 2010

The Flower Girls

Pink Saturday2-06

irisandlillie

For Pink Saturday I thought maybe you'd like to see the Flower Girls – Iris and Lillie.  Iris is five years old and has only been ours for a week.  She is really getting the hang of living the spoiled life! Jeff cooks for them as he's always done for Lillie…what's not to like there?  It's a huge change for her to not live with her birth mom and her other "birth mom" Ann Debo but she's adjusting beautifully.  Lillie is loving having Iris and they are so cute together and pretty much do everything together.   I think they remember each other – Lillie was with Ann and Iris until she was 2 and came to live with us.  (Iris and Lillie's mother were littermate sisters).  Lillie's mother smelled every inch of her and they were so happy to see each other – Lillie looks just like her mother!  I love Ann's shelties and she's a wonderful breeder and her dogs live in dog heaven but as she stops breeding some of her girls she let's them go to people like me since she has 17!  I'd really love to have Lillie's sister…and her mother and I'd still like to raise a puppy  again.  This could definitely be a problem for me. 

Happy Pink Saturday from The Dog Hoarder

Be sure to visit Beverly at How Sweet The Sound where there's bound to be less dog hair!

10 comments:

  1. They are both just precious!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable. I love that they could identify each other by sniffing. It sounds like they are going to have a really wonderful life together. As the "mom" of two dogs, I am all for them having a litter-mate.

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dog Hoarder:

    I think you are wonderful!!! And I'm thinking Iris and Lillie are thanking their lucky paws that they have landed in your house!! When I die I want to come back as a sheltie and have you bring me home with you!! :)

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy PS Nancy
    You know how much I love your girls. They are the perfect book ends. Not saying that this is the end of your adoptions I hope. You have to catch up to me...7 remember?
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Love Claudie
    xoxoxo
    P.S. Do you know I have always cooked for my dogs too? Tonight they enjoyed chicken noodles with carrots and chicken and broth. Koodos to Jeff. Love him : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Yes, I see multiple Shelties in you future...the Flower shelties are just perfect for your home...two of your favorite flowers...if you get another, she will probably be Hydrangea...they are so sweet together. I'm jealous and then I'm not and then I am again. We talk about the freedom of not having a dog, but dog people are dog people...and multiple dog people are a whole different breed. Give them an extra treat for me since i'm such a pushover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, your babies are just gorgeous! I totally understand the desire to be a dog hoarder, it's how I feel about my springer spaniels too! Thanks for stopping by, as you can see Madison is becoming fast friends with Ollie, now the older one Cody, is a bit jealous of her and isn't mean, but tries to push her down, which Ollie always runs interference with! So we keep Cody outside when she's at the house to avoid hassles! Cody is more like, you're in my space, baby girl! ha! Have a great pink Saturday! Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so cute! Happy Pink Day! Blessings, DE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how sweet and adorable. I'm a huge animal person. I have one beagle, 1 silver tabby, 1 Bombay, 2 bengals and am currently fostering another bengal. I wish I could take more animals in and they won't let me have dogs because I don't have a fenced yard. We don't really have the room for more dogs anyway, small yard. They are super beautiful!!!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must be in Sheltie bliss. They are gorgeous. And, I am sure they love you.

    I really miss having a dog.

    ReplyDelete