Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Late Great Goodwill Hunting

Look –this is one of my last finds at Goodwill Hunting…(the Goodwill OUTLET store as opposed to regular Goodwill Stores)  What was once like going on a treasure hunt at a big warehouse has been computerized and they charge you buy the pound now!  Anyway – I did get this great turquoise mixer there.

Copy of DSCN0464

Isn’t it just so cute?  And it works!

DSCN0470

But its going in the store tomorrow.  That’s the downside of being in the antique business.

DSCN0468 

Your husband expects you to actually sell your best finds!

So what about you guys?  Have you found the thrift stores charging ridiculous prices lately?  Might as well shop at Saks.  We bloggers should band together and boycott them for a while.  Plan it someone! 

4 comments:

  1. I have found that the thrift stores in our area have increased their prices. I guess someone tipped them off to all the bloggers out there looking for bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't it terrible...they are trying to take advantage...some people think just because they are a thrift store...that they give you a good deal...sometimes you can go to walmart for a few dollars more and get new...you really have to watch now a days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the thriftstores do charge too much... so I just don't buy it...

    Candy, Terry and I did some great junkin' today... I'll post about my finds later in the week.. but I did take some photos at Glory B's that I posted tonight...

    It's almost Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet find!!!!! And yeah, ya can't keep it all....as much as you would like to! LOL.

    -c
    yapping cat

    ReplyDelete