Friday, January 8, 2010

Vintage Ephemera Swap

Aren’t these the most darling PINK bottlebrush trees?  DSCN0166

I received this fabulous little vintage cupboard from my fabulous swap partner Lisa Laughs!  When I opened the door out came a beautiful bundle of Pinkness!  Sumptuous pink ribbons and….

 DSCN0154

all sorts of other fabulousness!  Lisa is the best, the absolute best tag maker.  Her work is meticulous and oh so creative.

DSCN0147

I was amazed at her ability to fill this little cabinet with all these goodies.

DSCN0144 

I’ve  swapped before with Lisa and I was thrilled to be paired up  with her for this one.

DSCN0152  

It was packed with JOY!  Really!

DSCN0154 

Look at how she transformed this into a work of art…every side, every nook and cranny was embellished.  I love the “Joy” and Santa stamps and all the vintage cards and paper ephemera that she included.

DSCN0156Lisa said she’d been in a “PINK” mood lately and I’m so glad she was.  Not only am I in a pink mood myself but I’ve been in a “Butterfly” mood.  

DSCN0164 Thank you to Lisa for all these wonderful goodies….it’s a perfect collection to share on Pink Saturday.

image

And thanks to Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for hosting Pink Saturday.  It’s a great opportunity to visit other like minded folks.  In keeping with her neighborly advice to recommend a new found blog I’m linking to Claudia at Dipity Road  where Serendipity is alive and well!  Besides being a Pink Saturday participant she’s hosting a new event called Fridays– Finding Beauty.  I think that sounds like an interesting thing to do this year. 

Have a wonderful weekend…and stay warm – I think the whole country is Furrrrrrrrrreeeeeezing!

xoxo Nancy 

20 comments:

  1. I just love them! Happy Pink Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What loveliness! I'd have to keep those bottle brush trees out all of the time! So sweet!
    Happy PS
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    January Charmed bracelet giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many gorgeous treasures. The pink trees are just wonderful and the cupboard is fabulous. Great gifts. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nancy! What an amazing gift/swap! Lisa is truly an artist. . . and has such an eye for sweet little items that will make the perfect touches to your future creations! I LOVE the Santa tag and those cute PINK bottle brush trees!!

    Hope you have a great PINK Sat.

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOw completely fabulous! Love it love it love it! Luck you.

    Happy Pink Saturday & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Pink Saturday Nancy:)
    Very pretty~~love those pink trees~

    hugs,
    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful gifts you received in the swap. I also love those trees. I hope you have a wonderful Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything. The trees are so pretty!! Happy Pink Saturday. Stop by sometime if you would like to. Have a great day. Winona

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Pink Saturday!


    Lovely goodies, my favorite are your pink trees.


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a treasure...I really need to join more swaps...wonderful fun goodies to share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nancy, I love your swap goodies! Wow, you're right, her tags are detailed and gorgeous! I see too your posting for Tina, how great. I wasn't able to go to her life celebration yesterday as I was already prescheduled to work. She WAS just such a talented passionate crafter, wasn't she?! Makes me appreciate every day just in a clearer more pronounced way. She was so young. Hugs to you! Suzie P.S. I'd come make Valentine cards with you (on your list of to do's!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is BEAUTIFUL! and I LOVE all the goodies she filled it with.. what a WONDERFUL gift!!
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - what a wonderful swap. I love, love what she did with that cabinet! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a day late and a dollar short☺ Was able to leave some messages for Pink Saturday yesterday and finishing up today. Over the holidays I was MIA from PS and really missed it but knew that I wouldn't be able to visit many blogs. I'm back today and must say that it feels so good to visit familiar places - like coming home again.

    Today you made my little, pinkie ♥ smile. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely blog. Hoping this next week is filled with sunshine and the laughter of friends and family☺

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Pink Saturday, Nancy.

    Girl, you are one lucky swap partner. Not only did you get that gorgeous chest, but then it was filled with the most scrumptious goodies.

    I have been on the hunt for some pink bottlebrush trees for several years. I haven't had any luck, but I am persevering.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by, yes I have been off in another world lately but everything is coming back into focus.
    Our booth is coming along and we are learning more all the time. We want to get by the mall in Gruene to check things out there. Maybe on the 21st when we play "Dixie Day' with our French Lique favorite, we can go see.
    Hope all is well on your side of town and yes!!! on the warmer weather.
    Dealing with a busted pipe at my MIL's today :-(
    Warm Sunday Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow! That is a wonderful swap present! She filled it with so many fantastic goodies! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nancy... Absolutely Beautiful!

    stay warm. Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun the pink Christmas tree, MB

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete