Friday, March 12, 2010

Living The Dream

bluebird collage 

Hello! Remember last week my Dream Collection?   The little bluebirds are back….with one big huge difference.  These little birdies are MINE!  Thanks to  ebay!  I have three of them now.  Aren't they just adorable??? I'm just so thrilled – every time I look at them they make me smile.  

This little guy is the leader of the pack!   Wink, Wink!

DSCN1418

And these two on the branch…hear them…"she bought us cheep, cheep"! (Well for Lefton Bluebirds anyway)

DSCN1416

You are noticing that they all have some of the prettiest pink cheeks you've  ever seen.  My last one is a little bank!  See the new mama bird taking care of her little one?  She's singing Rock a Bye Baby!

DSCN1421

Actually, they are under my cloche now, but my camera battery died so I couldn't get that shot.  So that's my share for Pink Saturday hosted by Beverly at How Sweet The Sound.  As Beverly has requested I'm linking to a special blog today that is near and dear to my heart! 

Riverside Studios is home to my talented friend LaVerne. Do you want to know why I'm doing the happy dance???  Well, LaVerne will be teaching a class at Paper Cowgirl this year.  I'm so proud of her!  Go for Pink Saturday but be sure and look at her fabulous book project she has planned for her class.  My Paper Cowgirl Sisters would love to have all our Pink Saturday Cousins attend!  Wouldn't that be fun?  Think about it! The link is on my sidebar! 

In the meantime…have a wonderful Pink Day!   xoxo Nancy

17 comments:

  1. I'm glad you treated yourself to such adorable birdies. They are sooooo sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hip hip hoorah!
    they did not fly away...
    arriving just to play...
    but now will forever stay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you getting these sweet birdies for yourself! After all, we need to surround ourselves with the things that we love!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy PS!

    In Shoes We Trust,
    Maggie Mae
    "Do these shoes Match this purse?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Nancy... I love them! They made me smile too. So cute. Happy PS

    Mermaid Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh they are toooo precious. I feel like smiling too. Happy Pink Saturday.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Happy St. Patrick's Day.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy, thanks for the comments...I've had a couple of new visitors today, thanks to your kind words...The birds are too darling for words...I went to a garage sale today...several birds, but they were from the Cockatoo family in those greens and browns from the late 50's. None of the cute cousins to your birdies...good thing, I would have felt very guilty about keeping them, but not enough to turn them over to you. Enjoy the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore bluebirds! I have two "real" bluebird houses in my yard. They typically come and nest here every year. I'm in love with yours. I shall look on eBay myself I think!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Pink Day!

    I am new to Pink Days, so I want to stop by and say hi. I just love this concept, and hope to do this for a very long time. I have lots of pink items.

    I just love your little birds, they are just so darling.

    Have a wonderful day. I am also going to join as a follower. Please stop by Terra Del Sole and see my pink day Italian style.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nancy, You are just one lucky girl...Those little blue birds are to cute...Now I am going to have to find me some
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute - Happy late Pink Saturday!

    PS - Shopgoodwill has two Lefton BlueBird cups right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The birds remind me of pie birds that sat on the pie and whistled when it was baked to perfection. Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, ooh! I love them. What a great find.

    I'm off to visit LaVerne. Happy Pink Saturday, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete