Friday, September 2, 2011

Pink less Saturday

Hello Bloggy friends.  I am  totally bloggyless today!  This week has been so busy.  I've been taking pictures for an upcoming estate sale for my friend Pat of Estate Sales by Pat. If you're in the Austin area it starts next Thursday and her prices are fabulous.  Check it out here!  She has some gorgeous quilts and linens.

DSCN8649 DSCN8647 DSCN8648

Tonight I went to the new Pflugerville auction and got a huge and I mean huge box of crochet doilies etc for $5.00!!!! I never win stuff like that but no one else was interested. Yay! So I'm making lampshades with them.  And I have a million little projects going because this adorable girl, our niece…

jeff and taryn 1985

is getting married next week. How did that happen – she grew up overnight because wasn't 1986 just a couple of years ago??? And guess what her colors are???

ie150_decobride

Did you guess Pink?  WRoNG! It's teal.  A shade of my favorite color – turquoise.  And as you know I'm daughterless so I love the chance to offer my helpyness to her mother, my bff. She's my niece even though her mother is not really my sister but isn't it wonderful that sometimes you do get to pick your own family!!!  And I had a really elegant black dress picked out to wear to the wedding and then somehow opted instead to buy a pink/purple sundress that looks like a migrane with a hot pink shrug!  I've been around you guys too long!!! haha.  So that's next weekend and I'm just so excited that she's getting married. 

And by the way – Happy September!  Even though it's still in the 100s it's September and there is totally a chance that a cool front could blow in.  It's not in the forecast but there is a chance and as long as it was August it was more like a fat chance!

So now I'm heading over to put my link up on Beverly's Pink Saturday and could I be later?  Oh well….better late than never, right?  Have a wonderful laborless Labor Day weekend.

xoxo Nancy

8 comments:

  1. Hope you have a lovely time at the wedding! I love the quilts you pictured. My mom has one very similar to the one on the left!

    HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHat a lovely pink post. I love those quilts.
    Happy pink Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Just love this!
    greetings from Holland,
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a baby in 1986 and yeah, it was just a couple of years ago! I sure wish I was going to be in Austin cause I'd sure like to go to that estate sale! Those quilts are gorgeous! Have a nice holiday weekend! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Twyla....I'd sure be at that estate sale if I was in your area. You have the best places to shop for treasures!! Good luck with that lampshade project....I know they will be wonderful! Business was SLOW at our little sale last weekend, too. When our promotor had the sale in Sept. we did OK....moving it to August wasn't to our benefit. I will be skipping that one next year if she keeps it at that same date. I really need to get serious about online selling anyway...but I gotta face it the fact that I'm probably not very serious about it! :)

    I kept checking on you yesterday to see if you had your "pinks up".....after awhile I knew you were busy. I was guessing you were busy with gr. boy's football.

    A wedding....how awesome!! And it's especially awesome when it's someone so close to you! I know you will look terrific in your sundress of pinkness. Yes...I hear ya about having been around the pink sistas a bit too long. I have more pink in my life than I know what to do with now! :)

    Yes, we are super excited about the cold front...and I hope you guys get it, too. Our rain is supposed to start today (of course today I have a zillion places I have to be requiring me to zip all over town), but I'll take drivin' in the rain if it means it's gonna be followed by some significantly cooler temps.

    Thanks for carb loading for me in support of my run! :) That is my favorite part about getting ready for an event! I could easily forget about the rest of it.

    Gotta get on the road. Have a great PSat. and a very merry laborless labor day ! :) L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. crocheted lampshades, huh? I'd like to see what these look like once you've made some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy September to you!!! You sound like you have a lot on your To Do List, but it all sounds very exciting. You will look lovely at the wedding!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy...Happy Pink Saturday..I pray that God will bless you all through out the coming week...
    so pretty...
    God Bless You...
    Kandy

    ReplyDelete