Friday, September 16, 2011

When I'm 64

 

 


 

 

 

When I get older dying my hair, 
Just two days from now,
Will you still be sending me a valentine
Birthday greetings bottle of wine?

DSCN9029

If I'd been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door,
Will you still need me, will you still read me,
When I'm sixty-four?

DSCN9022

oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oooo
You'll be older too, (ah ah ah ah ah)
And if you say the word,
I could stay with you. 

DSCN9030

I could be handy writing a post 
When your lights have gone.
You can knit a sweater by the fireside
Sunday mornings go for a ride.

DSCN9032

Doing the garden, digging the weeds,
Who could ask for more?
Will you still need me, will you still read me,
When I'm sixty-four?

  DSCN9033

Every summer we can garage sale
In the light of dawn, if it's not too far
We shall scrimp and save
Grandchildren on our knee
Bloggers one, two, three

DSCN9025

 

Send me a postcard, drop me a line,
Stating point of view.
Indicate precisely what you mean to say
Yours sincerely, Wasting Away. (well not really – you know – the pink cupcakes and all!)

DSCN9031  

Give me your answer, fill in a form
Mine for evermore
Will you still need me, will you still read me,
When I'm sixty-four?

 

So can you guess how old I'll be on my birthday Sunday? 

pink cupcake

So will you still read me, will I be blogging, will I still d0 Pink Saturday…when I'm 64?

xoxo Nancy

18 comments:

  1. 21 again? lol lol lol Happy Birthday in advance and have a couple of cupcakes on me. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww I loooove that song and we still want you posting !!!
    Happy happy ...
    (())

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great post Nancy!!! And Happy Pink Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and sweet little treasures!

    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guessed it.....you're gonna be 65!!! Kidding....I know you're gonna be 64 cuz you're just a tad younger than me!!

    So glad you saved a pink cuppy cake to celebrate your special day.....I think i will have one in honor of it, as well!! Yay!

    LOVED your version of When I'm 64...you put a whole new spin on that tune.....one I will never forget!!

    I loved seeing some of your little treasures..especially those E had made! Adorable.

    Happy Birthday dear Southern Blogging Buddy...hope it's the best ever!!! And just think...one more year til Medicare.....I can barely contain myself in anticipation of that milestone!

    HPS

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always loved that song....and I'm over 64 and you will be just that age on Sunday you are telling us....so a big Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy Birthday, and yes we will still be here reading your Blog and waiting to see just what you have to share with us all, my Birthday is Tuesday I guess we are both Virgo Girls! Happy Happy Birthday, Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post...lovely song...love the instrumental version and the original words...such a sweet birthday post...can't wait to see you and celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally cute! such a sweet birthday post
    Happy BDAY!

    HPS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Nancy
    I haven't been by for a long time, but was looking at PS thumbnails at Beverly's blog and spotted your sweet pink shelf.
    I ADORE the little pink cupcake man and the girl with the round wooden head. You always have such sweet things.
    I couldn't open your song list, being in Canada and all, but I sure am singing it in my head right now. LOVE your version of it.
    HaPpY BiRtHdAy Nancy. May you have a perfect year.
    Love Claudie
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Happy birthday sweet Nancy!
    I love your adorable post!!

    Happy PS too :))

    xoxo
    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, Nancy! I think you are going to be loved, read to and all of those other things until 104!
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute images, happy PINK Saturday~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! I'm guessing your 64th :)
    How much fun it is to celebrate with some of the characters the most lovely Elizabeth made.
    Have a great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happiest of birthdays!! Hope you're having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Nancy! What an adorable collection of whimsies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Happy Birthday, Nancy - and Happy Pink Saturday, too.

    We got married the day of your birthday in 1970. It seems wonderful things do happen in September.

    We'll all still love you forever. Of course you'll still do Pink Saturday.♥

    ReplyDelete