Friday, March 5, 2010

Vintage Figurines

Just lately I've become enamored with vintage porcelain and china figurines that were made in Japan by U.S. and English companies.  Originally they were very inexpensive

DSCN1338

and even now they can be picked up at a bargain. 

DSCN1339 

Made by Lefton,  Napco, Holt Howard etc.  in the 50's and 60's, they now surface at estate sales and less frequently garage sales.  I bought these at an auction to put in my antique store but looking at this picture right now they look awfully good on my dressing table!  Maybe I should rethink that!  Definitely…they need to stay!

DSCN1340 I'm sharing these today with two blog events -  Claudia at Dipity Road for Friday Finding Beauty and also joining Cindy at My Romantic Home for Friday Show and Tell.  Fridays….they're a good thing, aren't they?

xoxo Nancy

8 comments:

  1. The figurines are beautiful! I can see why you would want to collect them. Are you going to sell them in your shop?

    Have a wonderful weekend! :-)

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vintage figurines. Specially if they are frenchy. You definitely need to keep yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol :)
    i can see where you would want to keep these...
    how romantic! there are stories to be told...
    precious figurines, to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow my Mamaw had these when I was growing up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are just charming. I love them too. So pretty. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. All i can say is OHH my goodness -- they are so delightful and lovely.

    Thanks so much for joining us.

    TTFN~~ Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are a keeper! Good detail in them and so elegantly dressed. joan

    ReplyDelete