Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Pink Saturday! A few weeks ago I showed you my little bunny and her cousin felt left out so she wants to be on here too!
She's a working bunny...the sweetest little lamp that I bought about 15 years ago from a ceramic artist - Sherry Smith. I love Sherry's work and this lamp was about $85 and worth every penny. She paints the shades to match and they are always in shades of blue and pink. (That little heart shadowbox is in my store.) Usually nothing is there but I put it here for a picture! Every time I'd go to a Country Peddler show I'd find something else I needed. Like this switchplate.
I also bought this lotion dispenser from her. I love that she makes such beautiful functional things.
So this week I stopped by the Goodwill store and found this huge vase of someones almost finished craft project that I knew I'd find a good use for so I picked it up.... turned around and there on a shelf....across the room was..... This!
And it was marked $6.00!!!! (Notice I talk in italics when I find a deal!!!)(Wow! I sure use a lot of these ! and say I a lot!!!) Anyway I was so excited I could hardly breathe. It was just made for my dressing table! by Sherry Smith!!!
It is really hard to get pictures without uplugging and moving everything - and I wouldn't want to do all that work!!! I just love Goodwill and Sherry Smith and Pink Saturday!
Have a wonderful day!
Beverly is so sweet to host this show and tell for us all so visit her at How Sweet the Sound and check out all the Pinkness on the other blogs.

13 comments:

  1. What pretty art work! You sure did get a good deal on that lamp!!! They both are very pretty! I can tell you were excited with your great find!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    take care,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, you lucky girl - such a great find for you.

    Tell this bunny that I think she is beautiful, too.

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute lamps!! Happy Pink Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lamps and the switch plate are so so cute!!

    Happy Pink Saturday!!

    Besitos from Argentina!
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! what a find,...I have always loved your bunny lamp...I finally had time to stop by your newly remodeled shop...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Great post...
    Kathy (mimisgarden.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, OK, you KNEW I would love your rabbits--and I do! I am so taken by the style of the artist--especially that lamp OMG! Wow, then for you to find the other lamp at the thrift shop for such a steal. Just MADE your day, didn't it! What a terrific share! Hope your Saturday was delightfully pink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy belated Pink Saturday! Love the paper crafts ~ they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love bunnies too and have several around my home.

    Boy I would be thrilled if I found that lamp too! Such a good price.

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it when a great find practically reaches out and grabs you! I'm glad the lamp grabbed you! lol! I love the bunnies, they are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely things you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful PINK Saturday post ~ and it doesn't get any better than BUNNIES!!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did do lighting as well. Great minds!!!

    ReplyDelete