Thursday, March 22, 2012

Purple Spring

image Beverly at How Sweet The Sound has asked us to share something today to celebrate the arrival of spring.  Two weeks ago we woke to this in our yards! A sea of purple rippling through the whole neighborhood.  It was  so beautiful and I’m glad I took a picture then and there as it was not only beautiful but also fleeting.  By afternoon when we returned home from our early morning baseball game it was gone. 

DSCN0288

This week I should be getting ready for Antique Week at Round Top but instead made prizes for my bunco group.  These tussies are really large – about 14 inches with the handle. Making those little lollies was a lot easier with my new scoreboard.

DSCN0399

Isn’t the little birdie on this one sooo cute!?

 DSCN0402

I used some vintage garland for trim along with some cotton crochet.  This one has a bunny

 

DSCN0406

and I used either buttons or little painted wooden eggs for centers of the lollies.

DSCN0407

  I think I’ll make some of these to sell at our booth at La Bahia during Antique Week.

DSCN0405

I hope spring has arrived wherever you may be and that you’re having a springy Pink Saturday.

xoxo Nancy

pink words

14 comments:

  1. Good morning Nancy, Your tussies are darling. Your Bunco group will be thrilled.

    My sisters will be at Round Top selling their antiques. Also buying. They drive all the way from Atlanta and NC where I live. Did we talk about this before? They are Bluebird Antiques. They will be there for two weeks. I would love to go one day. Wouldn't be fun if you could meet them. Do you go to buy or sell?

    Happy days to you.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Tussies ! I'm headed to Texas next week , will be going to Canton.
    Happy PS !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your BUNCO gals were (will be?) thrilled with your creations!!! I love them.

    So, what's "scoreboard"....remember, I'm pretty uneducated about these cute papery items. I never knew how folks made those sweet little "lollies" (didn't know that's what they were called, either...you are such a good teacher!!!).

    I'm sure they will be a hit in your booth at Round Top....good timing that the sale is before Easter, too!!

    Hope you have a great PINK Saturday....it's chilly here today, but warm air is returning tomorrow...I think!
    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could join you at Round Rock. One day, I will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tussies are so adorable! I wish I was in your bunco group! And the flowers on your lawn are incredible. Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to be in your bunco group too!
    I think if you make more for the fair, you better make alot! I'm sure they will go like hot cakes.

    HPS

    LL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, that is a gorgeous sea of lavender! Your tussies are beautiful, too! HPS!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nancy! Oops! Didn't realize I wasn't following you! All fixed now! Such fun little somethings - and just in time for Easter! Love what you did with the seaside journal. Wow! I have to really get my creativity cap on for that one! Loving the artistic challenges!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet and gorgeous pink!

    My Pink, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, Nice to see you again after my long vacation....Love the purple, my favorite color. Please come visit me...Purple Goat Lady.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet~~i love the purple blooms on the grass and your sweet spring inspiring cones :)

    Happy PS!!

    xo
    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I simple adore this purple phlox but have to enjoy it quickly, it does disappear so quickly. Your bunko group will love these tussies--my Sis belongs to a group and loves it.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are about as cool as it gets!

    ReplyDelete