Friday, March 16, 2012

St. Patrick’s Day

Well I missed it.  Did you?  You know…Pi Day so Happy belated Pie Day! (Freudian slip!)

Did you ever hear of  Pi Day before we were all so computer savy?  I didn’t and I knew what that “pi” symbol was (which I can’t write on this blog without screwing up my text) but had no idea why yesterday was “pi” day. Because…3, 1 and 4 are the three most significant digits of π in the decimal form. In 2009, the United States House of Representatives supported the designation of Pi Day.  I know this because I’m a physicist –not! I just copied it from Wikipedia which is written by people like me who only get things right about half the time. ( yea I found the π symbol!)

Anyway – in belated honor of π Day here are my Py people! Aren’t they darling?

DSCN0331

And now that we’re all here…the gang and I want to wish all of you….

DSCN0327

A Happy St. Patrick’s Day.

DSCN0325

DSCN0334Don’t forget to…

wear green and stop by Beverly’s at How Sweet The Sound for Green Saturday!

xoxo Nancy 

11 comments:

  1. Oh.....thanks for the sweet wishes from your little "gang"!! They are adorable!!

    I'll tell you how stupid I am...when I saw that Pi stuff going on, I just thought they'd left off the e!!! :) I think it would make more sense to celebrate the kind we eat. Wouldn't you know it was some kind of doofy political reason we now have Pi Day? Wouldn't you think there were a few other issues they should have been concerned about.....like jobs....and keeping SS and Medicare solvent....reining in the crazy spending and fixing that health care bill they so happily pushed though w/o reading it? Hmmmmmmmm

    I thought you would be at Paper C. Girls right now! Don't you and your buds always go? I'm sure life is hectic as you get ready for Round Top....a fun kind of hectic!!!

    Gotta go buy another corned beef. I boiled mine until it screamed "stop"!! Anyway, we're having folks over tomorrow night for Reubens and gr. beer.....and I must have enough beef for the guys who will want more than one sandwich!

    Have a wonderful Pink/Green Saturday!!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness.... how cute is this?!
    Haha Pi day...

    !Happy Pink Saturday and
    St. Patrick's Day too!

    Irish Smiles,
    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your little gang!
    Happy St Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Feoooo...I missed that day too!
    I missed Frozen food Day...Worship Tools Day.....It has been hectic around here 8(.....Well, at least I didn't miss Pink Sat. or your post...such cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. karie

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are adorable! Happy St. Patrick's Day and Pink Saturday to you, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated Pi Day...with all my math teacher friends, I keep up with such things...but I agree with Dana, Should be "Pie Day"...I'll bet there is an official Pie Day somewhere.If so, we should go to the Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls, Texas, where they have daily "Pie Happy Hour" around three in the afternoon. I', spending the weekend in the yard with a shovel and gardening gloves...I love spring...Have a Happy St. Pat's...we're going to have Fish and Chips for dinner...I know that's not Irish, but Mutton Stew is NOT an option!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did happen to know it was Pi Day. What more could we want? And, so closely followed by Pink Saturday and St. Patrick's Day. Life is good.

    Happy Everything - π and pink and green.♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Visiting late for Pink Saturday.

    Green Goodies is my entry. Please come by when you get a chance. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh Kay Ellen, I miss lots of days to celebrate days I am not aware existed. HA!

    Your post is fun and I learned something new. I think! I love the "gang" and I thank you for St Pat wishes. Back at you... belated.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all so sweet! Visiting from Pink Saturday! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete