Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fashion By The Sea

Remember The $10,000 Pyramid Game Show?  Let’s play  - shells, sand, swimsuits, rosy – that’s right…Things you find by the sea, that also happen to be pink!

DSCN0260

I’ve worked in Kay Ellen’s circle journal this past month and when asked if the other journalers wanted to see pictures of their book now or be surprised later  3 out of 10 said now and  7 out of 10 didn’t answer! So what did Kay Ellen say?

Survey says…………..NOW! So here it is and my pages are titled “Fashion By the Sea”.  One daring fashionista is taking much delight in ignoring city ordinance 72.  (click on pics to enlarge)

DSCN0263

I’ve embellished with a teeny tiny little doll fan so le Pyjama gals can keep cool.

 DSCN0259

On the opposite page sitting under a polka dot banner another vintage beauty suns herself by a watercolored sea in her socks and shoes!  I painted a background and zentangled a horizon line.

DSCN0257

Embellishments  (I hope) evoke feelings of buoys and splashing waves and crystal waters.

DSCN0255

Vintage crepe paper ruffles for sand and some fisherman’s netting and a little bling to finish it off.   On the left I used a piece of a cigar box to stabilize the page.  It reads “Hand Made”.  Truly it is and I didn’t have to buy a thing as  I found everything in my craftroom. DSCN0261

Hope she likes it. 

I’m joining in for Pink Saturday with Beverly at How Sweet The Sound

Happy March! xoxo Nancy

and let us not forget…TEXAS Independence Day! March 2, 1836 – The Republic of Texas – no longer northern Mexico.

tx flag

16 comments:

  1. OOOOOO, Nancy, Nancy, NANCY!! Those pages are WONDERFUL!!!!! You are truly an artist!!! I love every very well thought out touch you added to Kay Ellen's book! She will be thrilled!! You inspire me......just wish it would rub off FASTER!!! :) I feel so "crafty". . . and not "artistic". Send some "artsy" karma my way....please!! :)

    One of our local anchormen is from Texas and he was proudly wearing a Texas tie this morning....and shared that it wasTexas Independence Day!! :) Do you have party traditions to celebrate that?

    Now, I do have to head to my workroom and make bunnies and chicks. That's probably why I feel "craftsy"....I AM!! I have a sale next weekend..and NOTHING is done. I spent way too much time with my journal cuz it's a struggle for me. I do thoroughly enjoy it, though, and am so happy to be a part of the circle!!

    Have a great Pink Saturday!!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new banner, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love every attention to detail in your pages. How pretty they are. I am loving all the different ideas and styles. It is so difficult working in someone elses book because you want them to be happy and love it. It is fun though also and glad I said yes and sticked to it. lol Happy Pink Saturday! Grace xoox

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty pages full of the seashore. Makes me long for summer and much warmer days.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative, Nancy. This takes me away to days to come.

    I hope you will pop by to help us bring 'angel love' for a young girl who is sick.

    Thank you.
    Have a beautiful PS weekend ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Love all of your beach theme pages! Happy Pink Saturday. Joyous Wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such wonderful beach items. I think you have put it all together so lovely. The buttons and patterns so neat.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Independence Day! We celebrated by going to El Nopalito for chalupas! How Tex-Mex is that? I think chalupas should be the official food of March 2nd! Have a Pink Week...I missed the do you want pictures of surprises memo somehow...I'll look back in my group posts to see what you have chosen. Have a Pink Week. Can't wait to get home to see Kay Ellen's book. the post office is holding our mail so go ahead and send it...it won't be abandoned in a cold mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a very nice post and I enjoyed visiting. Nice to see all your pretty goodies. You are right always remember Texas. I have never lived anywhere but in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Pink Saturday
    Oh this is incredible fun. Love the images you have sourced and so much for the eye to take in which is always so fabulous.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pages are absolutely fabulous. Of course, you had me at seashells -- but then to add all your great collage on the theme -- well, I'm impressed! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Pink Saturday! Such fun pages! I love the sea shell images!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy, your pages are just fabulous! This Circle Journal project looks like so much fun, and I've seen posts on a number of blogs and you ladies are all fabulously talented. Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

    ReplyDelete
  14. whoa, i super-love these beautiful journal pages. wonderful art. happy pink saturday to you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Pink Saturday!
    It is always nice to see what each lovely lady is up to...and the creativity that flows...I pray that you all have a blessed week !
    Please come by my blog anytime...I love having you!
    God Bless......Kandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. How adorable, and so wonderfully retro! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete