Saturday, October 1, 2011

My New Phone

PAAAAAONIBEPFBGA

Late, yet again, to Beverly's Pink Saturday.  All because….

I got a new phone.  Yep…I traded in my bag phone for an Android.  What? You don't know what a bag phone is?  That was my first cellular phone back in the '80s! 

image (holy cow I just googled this picture and they sell for $600 on amazon! Who's going to search for the old bag phone) You could be in the middle of Timbuk2 and it would still have perfect reception.

Okay maybe I've had a few since then and the plan is a little better than the original $1 a minute plan I had!  Really – I was only allowed to use it if I was in a horrible accident with every bone in my body broken AND there was no payphone nearby!

So I bought a new Android and I've learned how to make a call and tomorrow I'll learn how to hang up! haha I've been looking at apps and I think if I put one of these themes on the phone it would be much less stressful than the preinstalled one!

 f-1024-0

ss-320-0-3 ss-320-0-4

I've got my eye on a few apps too – Garage Sale Finder for sure. Uh – this one – I don't think so!  Who knew a period could be so fascinating and I don't mean the punctuation one!

image

I could really use a "Where did I leave my fill in the blank app.  The car in a mall parking lot, of course, but a microchip attached to my computer glasses would be even more helpful.  I already did "Words with Friends" as I'm a Scrabble addict. Can IPhone's and Androids play games together? I'd really love to whomp my son in a game of anything.

So what apps should I get?  I've already seen a whole bunch I want!  xoxo Nancy

5 comments:

  1. how fun, woo-hoo for your droid. I have one as well, got it last December and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, $600, really? My inlaws had one of those bag phones until not too long ago. I love your new phone. I'm sure it will bring you many minutes of pleasure.

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of Smart Phones......and of feeling really stupid because you own one! For example: Bonnie and I went on a road trip yesterday/today. While in our motel room last night, she was trying to work a cross word puzzle ...... and because neither of us knew the spelling of a word she thought she wanted to use, I decided I would download a free dictionary app onto my phone so we could look up spellings. Some how, I managed to freeze up my internet connection on my phone. I worked and worked with it, reset everything I knew to reset, then finally put ear plugs in my ears and went to sleep....leaving Bonnie to deal with the puzzle.....which she stayed up til 12:30 a.m. doing!! :)

    Then this a.m., while we were eating breakfast in our motel, I saw this guy with the same kind of phone and asked if he knew how to unfreeze my internet. He basically redid everything I had already done....with no luck......and suggested I take it back to where we bought it when we got home.

    SO, on the drive home, I had Bonnie call her very smart gr. son and ask him what to do. Sight unseen.....he told us how to turn off my phone (I didn't know I wasn't doing that until then!!!).....then turn it back on......just like rebooting the computer, that internet sprang back to life!! :)

    I know you will LOVE your phone....I can you have already enjoyed it's possibilities!!

    Gotta take a nap...I'm wiped out.

    HPS!! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on week 2 of my Android "smart" phone and
    I swear it does not do as it is told. The best advice I got so far was download a full manual from the web. It still does not answer all my questions.
    I downloaded a Memory Trainer app.

    Oh- and my salesman advised to turn it off and remove the battery once a month. Just for a few seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated pink Saturday! You are to cute!!
    Enjoy your new phone!

    Hugs,
    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete