Friday, October 14, 2011

Pink Saturday - Pink Heals

image

Guardians of The Ribbon, dressed in pink fire suits, will drive pink fire trucks across the country every year to spread an awareness campaign supporting all women in their fight against cancer.

IMAG0567

The Guardians bring the tour to help raise money and awareness for the non-profit entities that help women in their City and State. In addition, this non-profit supports and helps other non-profit programs raise money by bringing the pink fire trucks to various fund raisers to assist in the efforts at no charge to the organization.

IMAG0568

As Guardians of The Ribbon, the goal is to spread the “Cares Enough to Wear Pink” campaign until all are in pink shirts. Why? Because Pink Heals!

IMAG0568-1

These men honor those who can no longer fight, stand with those who can fight and inspire those who watch.

image

Thanks to my good friend, Judy, who took these pictures for me.  What a perfect way to call attention to the fight against breast cancer…

and how perfect this is for an October Saturday.  Pink Heals…but then we already knew that, didn't we?

Thanks to Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for hosting Pink Saturday.

xoxo Nancy

7 comments:

  1. I love this, Nancy. I'm pretty certain we had a pink firetruck, along with firemen decked out in pink, in the KC area last year....I saw them on the news. I don't recall where they were from. I Love their efforts in fighting breast cancer!!

    I love your efforts in saying my name over and over, too! HA HA!!!

    I can hardly wait to visit each of your fonty posts....I have so much to learn about sources of great graphics....and YOU are so smart about that!!

    Yes, my leg is still hurting a bit, but I'm gonna be in line at (GULP) 7:15 am to run the 5K portion of the KC Marathon!! We're heading out to pick up my packet in a bit. . . and figure out how I'm gonna get there at 6:00 am! :)

    Bonnie LOVED the invite. . . . it's just awesome!

    HPS!!!!! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this organization but what a wonderful way to support breast cancer awareness. I hope they visit our area some day.
    Happy Pink Saturday Nancy. I've missed visiting you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post!
    Please come see my Pink, when you get a chance. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great organisation, and what a great cause. Happy Pink Saturday and a hug from the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great bunch of guys honoring a most worth cause. Love that pink truck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know and am related to many firefighters. I had not heard of this.

    ReplyDelete