Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Past

image  

1969  Before you could go to Target or Walmart and buy fake tombstones we had to build our own.  Look at that adorable boy – he's my 2 yr old!

8-29-2010_211

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We always made his costumes and he was so cute.  Here he is with his great grandparents on my way ahead of its time toile couch!

Halloween Past3

Then he grew up and became a werewolf and then Frankenstein and passed the werewolf costume to

8-21-2010_007

his little brother.

8-21-2010_008 

Here's my little monsters together.

8-21-2010_009

Well, they grew up and each had a son.  The two Brandons lived upstairs for a few years so I have tons of pictures of him….1996 - Tigger

  Halloween Past1 

1997 – He was Buzz Lightyear that year and I made a stuffed tigger looking out the window – he saw it and said  "that's me".      

Halloween Past2

1998 He was a cowboy

Halloween Past8a

2001

Halloween Past7

a detective?

Halloween Past5

Creepy vampire

Halloween Past4

A pirate

Halloween Past6a

2005 A punk rocker

Halloween Past

2002 Then there's the little grandson – Q. He inherited a few costumes and of course I can't find my envelope with his pictures because I pulled them out 2 months ago to keep in a safe place and now I can't find them.

Halloween Past9

I feel so fortunate to have 2 sons and 2 grandsons…..considering I'm a nun!

me nun

Happy Halloween! xoxo Sister Nancy

5 comments:

  1. What a great pictorial review of Halloween past. Adorable costumes. Halloween hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to pull all of our HWeen photos together. . . .why don't I organize those MANY BOXES of pictures we took of our kiddos? Just too overwhelming. At least, before we moved here, I did have the energy (I don't know how) to sorta put them in kind of a bit of an order, so that I COULD, one day (when?) do what you did. . .and scan them onto my computer. Maybe when we are stuck in doors over the upcoming loooooooong, cold, dreary and snowy winter, I will do that. Will you remind me how happy I will be with myself if I do? :)

    I loved your photos of your "boys", Nun Nancy. You are truly a lucky to Nun to have those babes in your life. . . and I know those babes feel the very same way about you!

    Do you know, we still had rug rats ringing our doorbell last night AFTER we'd turned out the lights? Those little candy monsters were out on the streets well after 9:00 in our area....and they don't live here. Oh, well, at least it gave our gr. dog a barking work out every time she heard a little rapping on our front door or the doorbell going off! Actually, most of them were pretty cute (cept for the teen agers) and many said "thank you"....which melted my old heart!

    Happy NOVEMBER!!!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Halloween,


    Great costumes. Yes! I used to make my own tombstones out of Styrofoam.
    These look awesome!


    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we have an AMEN for Sistah Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute post. And by the way Sister Nancy, I love your header!!

    ReplyDelete