Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy Homemaker Tag Along

 

The leaves of brown came tumbling down….so go the lyrics to September in the Rain and even though we had not one drop I decided to use the song anyway for my September tags.  Elizabeth started this tag-along last January and I've been on time every month until September when two of my friends daughters got married.

DSCN9242-2

I did some hand lettering on this.  I thought I'd try a tag without the printing and stickers.  I used marker to color in the white tag and some "leafy" ribbon.   

DSCN9242

As you can see I messed up the printing on the white tag so I'll be keeping that one.

DSCN9242-1

October threw a party and we got rain!  The first we've had in 5 months so it was something to celebrate.  So many of our trees have died it looks like New England with the oranges and golds. Sadly though, they have died from lack of water.

DSCN9239-1

Don't you love this little poem? October Gave A Party.  I used some chipboard flourishes that I'd salvaged from another project and some Dresden foil leaves and flowers.  I printed the poem and pumpkin together and printed "October" on brown heavy cardstock.

DSCN9239

I'm so glad to get caught up on my tags.

DSCN9240-1

Only two more months to go! This has been such a fun project this year. 

DSCN9238

If the link is still up I'm heading over to Elizabeth's Bluebird Papercrafts to post my tags and see everyone else's. Happy Fall!

4 comments:

  1. I love making tags but mine aren't nearly as beautiful as yours. Keep up the good work {fun}!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nancy! You are a treasure! I am so happy you are making tags through the year. You will be so happy with them all come the end of the year.

    I am beyond thrilled you will be joining my Christmas swap with the fiasco I have made of the Homemaker one. I tell I get filled with anxiety each and every time I think of it. (Reminds me of a difficult time)

    I have saved a spot just for you, and I can't wait to see the paper art you will create for us.

    Again, Thank you! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Elizabeth...you are a treasure! These tags are wonderful!!! I look forward to seeing a post on your end collection of tags!!

    Our leaves haven't done too well this year either....lots of browns, too. :( We are getting cold temps now and a little rain. We're tagging our Christmas tree this Sunday....and I just heard it will be in the 70s that day. Yay! I hate shivering while prowling the tree farm in our quest for the perfect tree!

    Gotta scoot!


    Happy Thursday ! L, dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not done tags yet but yours are an inspiration to get started.
    You do set the bar high!

    ReplyDelete