Thursday, September 13, 2012

Itty Bitty Books

Aren't these beautiful? I snapped a pic of these beautiful dried roses at a florist the other day just to share with my pink blog buddies. That's not my share today though...no, I've got crafty things, too!
















This is what I thought I'd share today - my pages I did for the "Painted Pages" edition of my last Itty Bitty Book.  I tried my hand at watercoloring.

I saw a similar bird on Flickr and this is my take on that.  Sort of a goofy looking windup bird!


 Then I tried flowers...


 and more flowers!




  I had to add some edges to some of them to get them to the right 2.75 x 3.5 inch size.















 Here's a plateful of some of my IBB's.  Look how many of them are pink!




In my computer disaster I lost Windows Live Writer and I'm just getting used to using blogspot again. Boy is it touchy!

We're getting rain this weekend so that's always a good thing.  I'm even willing to sit in the rain at the football game tonight.  Here I am last Friday night at the game.


....okay I'm lying it was Friday night - only it was 50 years ago! Oh good Lord - 50 years!!! Did you hear that? In that picture I'm 15 and as of Tuesday....well you do the math. That's me in the glasses third from the right.  Okie dokie...that's it for me - 15 yr old me and as of Tuesday 65 year old me.  Have a great weekend. I'll be sitting around enjoying my Medicare! hahahaha

I'm going to join Beverly and her band of pink blogs for Pink Saturday.  So stop by there and say hello!
xoxo Nancy



12 comments:

  1. Your work is beautiful! Hey Happy Birthday Virgo, I hate to admit it but I will be turning 58 next Thursday...
    I really don't feel old, but the years don't lie. Darling picture of you at 15...Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your bitty books and your watercolor paintings. Your talents are endless, Nancy!!!

    That photo of you at the age of 15 is so awesome. . . .and BTW, welcome aboard the Medicare Train...woo woo! I still can't believe I'm old enough to flash that card!!

    We're getting rain here, too.....well, it's almost over, but we had it yesterday and last night and it's so wonderfully cooooooool!!!! Our outdoor flea market is next Thurs, Fri and Sat and I just pray we DON'T get any then. Bonnie and I are in a big tent...but you know that doesn't keep ya from the elements. I've been trying to work on items to sell, but not getting a lot done...still spending a great deal of time with my girl and her appointments.

    I'm heading to the PO to get La Verne's journal in the mail. I had planned on doing it two days ago and life got in the way. I'm hoping the next one (which will be yours....I haven't received it yet....Grace is running late like me :) will go out sooner, but I also have a show the first weekend in Oct., which is out of town, so I may have to wait and work on it when I'm done with that. Then...it's just one more book!!! I'm so excited about getting mine back....all filled up! That has been such a great thing to be a part of.

    HPS....love your flowers of PINK!!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your IBB's are wonderful! Never seen them before. The artwork is exceptional & very eye appealing.
    Have a lovely weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are definitely very talented and creative. You have done a marvelous job on the little books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your itty bitty books and your water colors turned out well!
    Happy 65th Birthday and enjoy the Medicare...lol! I am on it and it has worked out very well with out other insurance we have, we have not paid for anything in a very long time!
    ♥ Jil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your water colors are brilliant. I love the little books--they are so special. I have been talking about medicare this week on my blog, I'll be 65 in Nov and have been deciding on a plan for the past few weeks. Hopefull you and I both will be like Jil and not pay anything but premiums from now on!!!
    ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your bitty books are fabulous, I love your watercolors, sooo pretty! I posted about itty bitty books this Saturday too!! :D Mine are bittier and attached to a necklace. Yours look so pink and pretty all together! Happy Birthday, have a wonderful day!! Happy Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could not get into "The Roost" site to look at your beautiful pictures and things. Is there a new link to do this
    that I do not know about?? Please help me, if you can. Thanks!! kdm930@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well...don't enjoy medicare! Enjoy Social Security!!! And PLEASE keep painting. These itty bitty books are exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your art is gorgeous and I love the dried roses! So pretty. Happy Birthday a bit early. I love the b/w photo! So cool! Have fun and enjoy your weekend! The books are so sweet! I loved my visit today! Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete