Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pink Sports Recap

Wow - I thought I'd never be able to access my blog again - it keeps telling me I'm signed in somewhere else.  So anyway - wanting to find something for Beverly's Pink Saturday I thought this purple picture on the Tron or whatever it's called had a pink look to it at dusk right before kick off.


Round Rock Cedar Ridge played San Antonio MacArthur at our home stadium for the "Up and Coming" game.  "Up and Coming" not "homecoming" because there's no alumni to come home! My grandson started as a sophomore in a brand new school and is now a senior in the first class that will graduate from Cedar Ridge.  What an exciting game.  We had the lead most of the first half.  And then part of our fabulous band and Royalty presenting the Royal Court.
Our Award Winning band is huge:








Raiders vs McArthur 017

Here they are forming CRHS. 

After a nerve racking second half where we went back and forth....CR took the lead with 37 seconds left




And thinking it was won SA answers with a touchdown and extra point of their own with 4 seconds left sending the game into overtime…and then double overtime!
But in the end with the Raiders one point behind after the touchdown they make the gutsy choice to run the two extra points.

Raiders vs McArthur 087
My grandson is the long snapper for field goals, extra points and plays defense and played a fabulous game.  That's him in the middle #52. As soon as the game ends  the team runs to the sidelines and the band plays their Alma Mater for them and I don't know why but it makes me cry every time I see this.  I'm glad they don't realize that time is fleeting and these halcyon days will soon be a distant memory. 

Okay now that I've made you sit through the game recap I'll share some of the mums - random cutees who let me take pictures to show you!

  
FYI - the lady in the background? Her shirt says "Flock" - it's the new band routine - I know...the first time I saw it I was like "What the flock?"
So that's it for me from Your Crafty Little Page Sports Center!This is Longhorn Nan signing out!

1 comment:

  1. Dear L. N.....I loved your recap of the game and am so glad your boys won!! Whew!! It looked exciting! The band looks wonderful and HUGE as you said! We could barely scrape up enough folks in our HS days to fill some of the chairs in our band room. Back then it wasn't cool to be a band member. :( I'm glad days are different now! LOVE those mums, too! I don't think they do that around here. . .but I haven't been to a HS football game since my kids graduated from HS, so maybe it's something that's going on and I'm missing the boat!

    I'm BEAT from the flea mkt. sale. That's a brutal thing to do. The show it's self looked awesome and we had good crowds. The weather was gorgeous....somewhat windy and cold both Fr. and Sa., but no rain. Our sales weren't as great as I thought they might be, but we were OK with this being our first crack at a real sale like this. There are some major players in the group of vendors who have great followings, blah , blah, blah...and we have to create ours, too, just like I have at my other shows. Our booth looked great....nothing like the others and we had lots of compliments about the set up. We had lots of hand made items and did sell quite a bit of that...but folks were expecting more vintage things and that makes a difference. We'll definitely do it again and be prepared with more old stuff to sell....but not big furniture...too much work for that. Plus, I heard the furniture folks saying it wasn't selling that great this time.....lots of "smalls" were what buyers were after. That's what we had, but even dragging that stuff around is a pain! :) I just want it to magically appear and disappear, I guess! :)

    Gotta get ready for church. I got your journal from Grace the other day...OMG...it's wonderful!!!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete