Monday, April 21, 2008

Tea by the Sea

Look at this lovely package that arrived in the mail last week. My partner Heidi (in Artsy Mama's Vintage Party Swap) knew that each year my friends and I spend a few days having "Tea by the Sea". So in keeping with that she put together this amazing tea party! What a beautiful handpainted box, delicate teacups adorned with shells, sailboats floating across a vintage tablecloth, and a sweet little book on friendship.
She found this wonderful tray with a couple of ladies taking their - Tea by the Sea. Tucked inside the box is a delightful assortment of teas and vintage molds so I can make Madelines plus a beautful china teabag holder shaped like a shell. See the ocean sky peeking out behind it all - that's the pretty tissue that everything was wrapped in and then all tied up with those sweet ribbons and tagged with those beautiful little tags she made.
With it came this fabulous assortment of antique papers from old ledgers, sheet music, and journal pages recorded by a teacher many, many years ago. Everything is so wonderful - I'll be putting pictures here when we get all set up at the beach. Thanks so much Heidi. You must have spent forever finding such perfect things and I love everything! Big Hugs - Nancy





3 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by my blog - this seaside tea taking thing is a great coincidence (as well as tea by the sea I love coincidences like this) - what a lovely bunch of goodies you got - lucky thing...so, now you have to indulge my other interest - what is your favourite tea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Another fabulous swap! I missed this one... forgot to go back and sign up before the deadline. I've seen some really fun and great party goods that everyone has found! And I have left a big thank you for you on my blog, dearie! You shouldn't have! I LOVE my new little dish... it's the first single serve in my collection! YaY! Love ya!
    Shan

    ReplyDelete