Thursday, April 24, 2008

Highlights from Relay!!!

Too Many Bags
Relay for life was a big success. Where were you guys??? I missed you. Thank you Judy and LaVerne and Kim for your auction items and driving up from New Braunfels. LaVerne and I stayed the entire night and Jeff came at 6am to take the tents down.
Just look at this lovely tent! There's Team Captain Candy and hubby Jeff rigging our campsite with tall bamboo so we could be seen from Chicago.


Here's our Award Winning Campsite - ahem - voted grand champion 1st place winners!!!! (Not to brag or anything)


Do not ask me why my husband is wearing a skirt - he is such a dork. (My son does not dress in girl clothes so apparently this little quirk skipped a generation)

3a.m. Can you see the icicles hanging from the tent? The temperature was low 40's but the windchill was about 30 below zero - honest. It was freezing.
The little drag queen and his friend the other drag queen. He raised over a Hundred dollars. See that ample bosom? It's full of $$$$$$$$. (My grandson is in the short dress and I am posting this completely without his permission) Sad to say he did not win the Ms. Relay for life contest.Our team raised about $3000 and the collective goal for the event was $125K and guess what???It was $140 thousand dollars. Isn't that wonderful? I like the slogan I saw on the ACS website -

It's Not about the Money - It's ABout Finding a Cure!








No comments:

Post a Comment