Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Birthday Party at My House

I hosted a little birthday luncheon at my house today for four of my dearest friends in the world. Two are sisters, two are friends from preschool, three of us are friends from high school...one of us was used by another just to meet my other friend from grade school so she would have a high school boyfriend and eventually a husband but I won't mention any names. Did you follow that? I know that adds up to about 12, but no, there's only five of us and we all went to high school together. The sisters, Barbara and Judy, have birthdays on the 17th & 18th and Patty's is a couple of days after that. So we always celebrate birthdays together. Then LaVerne and I share our birthdays a few months later. Anyway, since I had my house all fixed up for the party I thought I'd share some pictures of my home. Here's my living room with some of my religious things I've been buying on ebay.



This picture is fuzzy but a little vignette I put together in my entry hall. Springy looking don't you think?

How did this get in here? That's me trying to get the table set.......While Jeff, my husband was putting some finishing touches on the mashed potatos.

Here's the birthday girls. I gave them these pop up garden hats for their birthday. Honestly - they love having their picture taken. LaVerne my other friend was just smiling away even though she wasn't in the picture. What a cheese ball.

Here's Patty showing off her new bra.
I, on the other hand, didn't wear my bra because I had washed it and it was still drying.

And noooooo, we are not at Buca di Beppo! Okay, maybe we were. But all the birthday stuff is true and they have been my friends for over forty years and I am the luckiest person in the world to have these wonderful women in my life. Happy Birthday Barbara, Judy and Patty. Love, Nancy & LaVerne





7 comments:

  1. You are a great big qu--- and you got a great house. Your friends are so beautiful...you are such a lucky young girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and Happy Birthday anonymous! You're right I am such a dork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hoot! I'm laughing out loud all over again.You setting things up picture is probably my favorite right after the shot of Patty and her hat-bra...I don't remember Jeff smoking while he cooks...all that wine must blur my memory, I guess. All in all, a good time was had by all.Thanks for sharing the pictures and the narrative...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure know how to party! lol Hi, Nancy!! I just read your sweet comment on my blog and thought I'd come over for a visit!! I've only read your last post and I already like you!!:o) Sounds like you had a load of fun and what a treat to spend some good fun with friends!! Take care, and I'l be back!! :o)
    Smiles,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a crack-up, Nancy! I just love ya! We HAVE to meet someday...!!! Looks like a wonderful time with the best of friends! ;)
    Hugs,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh- oh...my secret is finally out. In my former life, I was a Catholic priest. Now everyone can see my picture; I'm the one standing at the right hand of the Cardinal. Oh, well. My best to you.
    Father Michael

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well BLESS ME FATHER! It is you and all this time I thought it was Sister Michaela. Thanks for stopping by the birthday party! Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete