Friday, April 18, 2008

Relay for Life

Tonight I'm going to be here:

So this morning I got busy doing this:

Making these:My team captain Candy is a pro at this - she has laid in supplies that should get us through the next month! Thank you Candy for all your hard work and making it fun for us at the same time. So we'll be walking all night long!!! I'm on the Jungle Love team if Donald Trump is reading this (or his bird, LisaLaughs!LOL) and would like to donate a little something. I'm walking for my sister who died a year and a half ago and for my husband who is one of the few people who paid attention to symptoms and was diagnosed very early. Get a colonoscopy!!!!!! My grandson is dressing in drag for the Ms. Relay for Life Contest (all guys). Looks like all that playing beauty shop when he was little and letting him do eye makeup (Hey - on me not him - what kind of a grandmother do you think I am)(Again, don't answer that!) and fixing my hair has paid off!!!!
My absolutely lovely "Tea by the Sea" swap pictures just do not do justice to what my friend Heidi sent for the Vintage Party Swap Artsy Mama hosted so I'm retaking those this weekend. Meantime, thank you, Heidi, I just adore everything.

Okay - which one of you guys got into my cookies? Have a wonderful Friday! Ohhhh - go ahead and have one!

5 comments:

  1. I probably ate a bite of that yummy snickerdoodle cookie! YUM
    Visiting by way of my friend Lisa. Good luck w/the Relay stuff! Hope you have a great turn out.
    I am trying out Karla and Beth's Swap too.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am back already, just scrolled down to your birdhouse...OH MY Gosh, I just love that thing! BEAUTIFUL. I am stoppin back for sure to get a better look and stay for a bit. gotta run and visit my other gals for now,
    very nice work!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carol - glad you stopped by and had a cookie! Oh, I just love your friend Lisa's name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny! Hope the Relay was wonderful! So, how many snickerdoodles did you eat??? LOL! I love snickersdoddles! MMMMMMMMM! YUM! ;) HUgs,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohmygosh....I used to live in Pflugerville. LOL. How funny is that? Ages ago, I'm sure it has changed drastically now, was on the verge of when we left nine years ago. I found you through Lisa Laughs (my best swap bud). You have a cute blog.

    c

    ReplyDelete