Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Dog Molly

So this is Molly....... I raised Molly from a baby. Here she is with my baby in 1984. She was undoubtably the SMARTEST dog in the world. She even knew how to S-P-E-L-L!!! (unlike my husband). She chewed one tiny thing when she was a pup and we shamed her and she never chewed anything again. If she wanted to play ball and I didn't she'd drop a ball on my stretched out legs, let it roll down and catch it and do it again!
Here she is about 6 years later and my baby about 6 years later! Once, she got in the garbage and we lowered our voice and gave her a stern look and shamed her and she never did it again.
And here they are again about 6 years after that! She was the heart of our house for thirteen years. Isn't she just gorgeous? She was sooo sweet and oh how we all loved her.Here's Molly and me at the dog wash when she was 13! One of my last pictures of her. I thought I'd have her even longer but time and cancer took it's toll and when she died I thought I'd never get over it so no more dogs for me. It was too hard coming home to an empty house that felt like all the joy had been sucked right out of it.
So I vowed never to get another dog because it's too hard losing them so soon. Another four years passed by and now our dogless house is a three generation family. Even though Jeff had been wanting another dog for years now it was my little grandson telling me "Nanny, the only thing I want for Christmas is a puppy, nothing else just a dog" to pierce my "no dog ever again" shell. It started to crack..just a little..and... I'll tell you tomorrow how Lilly came to own us!

Are you working on your pictures and stories for the Pet Show on Thursday? Well get busy!!! We all want to hear all about other "smartest dogs and cats in the world"! Leave a message or email me so I can link to you! Woof - Nancy and Lilly

7 comments:

  1. We are so excited about your pet show! Looking forward to Thursday!

    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, she's beautiful. I hope I can find pictures of my Murphy Brown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww Nancy.. You have me in tears... Im so sorry about your loss. I know that pain so well. Thank you for inviting me to your little pet show. I have a house full. Two dogs... birds... kids... oh wait they dont count, hehe. I will see you Thursday! Take care my sweet friend, Susie H~

    ReplyDelete
  4. The joyous years our furry friends give us are so worth the heartache we feel when we loose them. I wish you many many many happy years with your new pup!

    I will be sharing photos of my pretty Hannah on Thursday. Thank you for the invite. :)

    http://lejournal.sadieolive.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! It was so nice of you to leave a comment on my post today. Your sweet Molly was just beautiful. Oh, how our hearts break when we lose a dear, sweet furry companion. We know no other can take their place, but it is such a blessing when another sweet critter comes along to help fill the emptiness and before long, we find ourselves, once again, smitten. I will gladly share a few photos of my little pals on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, We all loved Molly and she was sooo smart...my favorite little trick of hers was "Cool dog" when she would run and find her bandana and put it on by herself to be a "cool dog"...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This proves it--dog people are just plain good people!

    ReplyDelete