Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fabulous Flag Flying Fourth

Give me Liberty or.........nevermind........Uncle Sam and I both welcome you to our porch. He's ceramic and today is about the only day he gets out of his box. Is he cute or what? A lady in Illinois painted him. He's not too tall, only about three feet but he stands proud and is so glad to live in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave! Just pick a chair and join us - it's hot but I'll get you a big icy cold glass of ice tea. We're having a Texas drought and water shortage - that's a crushed granite path but my yard looks only slightly different!
Miss Liberty and her quilt. It's a great quilt if you happen to be celebrating the 4th in Alaska! Well, wherever you are Uncle Sam and I ...
wish you a wonderful day as we celebrate our country, our flag, our forefathers, and especially the men in uniform who protect our country - Thank you!
Also, thanks to Kari and Kijsa for hosting this patriotic event. Click on the title to visit over 70 blogs participating.

16 comments:

  1. god has certainly blessed our country, and I pray that those blessings continue.

    I love your patriotic display. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh....we love your Uncle Sam...so cute!

    Thanks for flying your flag proudly!

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!

    smiles, kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love the uncle sam and the flower display- so pretty! I bet you love this porch. It looks like a great place to meet with God each morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Uncle Sam!! Everything looks great. You have a wonderful porch. Happy 4th!!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you love those Sams, too! We are having lots of rain in Missouri---so much that there is flooding for some poor folks. Last night be had a huge storm complete with tons of water, staight line winds, golf ball size hail and loss of power. So, that dry path of yours doesn't look so bad to us who are sloshing a bit! ;-) Have a wonderful Indpendence Day--God Bless America.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your porch looks so inviting!

    I'm in Utah but July here is hotter than HOT!!
    Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Uncle Sam! I would bring him out more often -- he's too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOve the music and LOve your Texas porch. I feel right at home.
    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute and charming patriotic post! I so enjoyed it and Uncle Sam is one handsome fellow! :)

    Happy 4th! ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Uncle Sam. Your porch looks so cozy and inviting. Thanks for sharing. Hope your have a happy 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Your porch looks great! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just adore your porch... Susie H~

    ReplyDelete
  13. That Uncle Sam is darling. I wish we had cute decorations like that here in AZ.

    Brandee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. your uncle sam is adorable. I also love the quilt. Here's to having a safe fourth of july!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Uncle Sam... Thanks for stoping by. Wishing you a very Happy 4th of July from Miami Fl...
    xxoxoxox
    MiMi

    ReplyDelete