Friday, June 27, 2008

Pink Saturday

I love looking around my house for a few things to photograph for Pink Saturday. I really don't have a lot but there seems to be some in every room. These pink canisters are usually out for three or four months each year and they just may stay longer this year. How about this pink thermometer? I need to replace the battery on the outside part of it but right now I don't need to be reminded that at 9:39 at night it's still 88 degrees outside. Ugh...I really hate summer heat! I need an extra feature showing $$$igns and my electric meter spinning.
Isn't this bejeweled mirrored tray just the prettiest? I had to put a flower on it to get a decent picture with a flash! I wonder if they're authentic jewels? Probably not since I picked this up at Goodwill last week! One day maybe I'll remember to......
take a few pictures of pink things in daylight!
And finally.....don't we all love the Texas Longhorns. Yes, you do - you know you do. See my shadow finger puppet show doing the "hook em horns" sign - what talent! (I have to admit I'm not a fan of the color orange - burnt orange is a step up - so except for game day I like the pink fan stuff)
Stop over at How Sweet the Sound to find more pink places to visit.....but first go see my "flea market" junk at My Crafty Little Shop. Thanks for coming and you really don't need to wait for Saturday - come visit anytime! Nancy

13 comments:

  1. Fantastic pink canisters! Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the canisters too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The canisters are wonderful!!! I know what you mean about the spinning electric meter. I have my AC on and that meter just spins and spins!

    take care,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, this was such a fun post for Pink Saturday.

    I love those canisters, and I believe I would keep them out all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh a pink thermostat.. now that is original.. love it!!! I love those canisters too and your other pink goodies!!!
    The canisters remind me of a great aunt. love 'em!!
    Off to check out that flea market!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pink canisters, so cute!!! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy, those pink canisters look just like things in the Herman Sons Lodge where our family reunion was held today (my fathers' mothers' family, the Rauchs )...there is a collection of odds and ends from YEARS of lodge gatherings...colored aluminum pitchers, painted Pyrex serving pieces, painted glasses...I swear it looks like a giant estate sale in that kitchen...and then there were the serving pieces that the older aunts and cousins brought! Your mouth would have been watering and not just for the food! but for their DISHES...I didn't have the heart to point out that many were highly collectible as vintage when most of the bowls and platters had probably been wedding gifts or things they bought with their S&H Green stamps.
    Your sweet pink is soothing in this sweltering Texas heat. don't put new batteries in the thermometer...you probably don't want to know the real temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Nancy! A pink thermostat.. hmm... can't say I've seen that before! Kinda cool! ;) And girl, I am loving those pink canisters... oooh-way fabulouso! ;P
    Hugs,
    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nancy, It was so nice to have you visit theVintageNest and I hope you'll be back. I agree with the others....the pink canisters are fabulous. ~ Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOHHHH!!!

    I love the PINK Canisters! And, what a great Goodwill find!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am drooling over your wonderful pink cannisters! I don't believe I have every seen them in PINK! Awesome. I got a big old kick out of the "hook 'em horns shawdow"! Verrrrry sneaky, you Texas fan, you!! (I am speaking as a MIZZOU fan!!! ;-) Thanks for leaving a sweet comment on my blog this morning---now I have met YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pink canisters. They are so cute! xoxo, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I'm still making my rounds for Pink Saturday. I love that pink canister and your other pink things.
    Blessing, Shirl
    Shirls Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete