Monday, June 2, 2008

A Broken Heart


This was almost us last Wednesday night. While I was lost in the computer Jeff comes in and tells me his jaw hurts..."Oh, it's probably that mouth deal you wear at night for the cpap" I blithely said as I brushed him off. (Thinking back I now feel like the lady in the above picture) About an hour later he came back and said my chest is hurting now and that's when it hit me - chest pain + jaw pain = Heart Attack!

I called the Dr. and he said go the nearest emergency room; matter of fact call h 911 and stupidly I drove him because 1) this couldn't be and 2) he said no way. (Denial on both our parts) What a week! He was having a heart attack and we learned that some don't show up on ECG's and that he has ectatic arteries and that's genetic. Caused by a clot or plaque blocking an artery, his was dissolved by the medicine or either passed on through by itself. Could it have killed him?? Oh yeah. The catherization showed he didn't need surgery or a stint but found those raggy arteries. And you know - maybe it's a blessing in disguise because now our sons and grandsons can watch this early and Jeff's sisters can be aware.
I didn't even want to post about this because I have trouble finding words to do so. He's home after 4 days and should be okay...but it doesn't seem right not to mention. And the only way I know how to get through this is with a little humor, a little prayer, and a little help from my friends. Ordinary Miracles by Sarah Maclachlan sums it up for me. May we all appreciate the daily miracles in our life. I think we had a big miracle.

Bye - I Yyou! Nancy

It's not that unusual
When everything is beautiful
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
The sky knows when it's time to snow
Don't need to teach a seed to grow
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
Life is like a gift, they say
Wrapped up for you everyday
Open up, and find a way
To give some of your own
Isn't remarkable?
Like everytime a raindrop falls
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
The birds in winter have their fling
And always make it back by spring
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
When you wake up everyday

Please don't throw your dreams away
Hold them close to your heart
'Cause we are all a part
Of the ordinary miracle
Ordinary miracle
Do you want to see a miracle
It seems so exceptional
That things just turn out after all
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
The sun comes out and shines some bright
And disappears again at night
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today

6 comments:

  1. Sweetie, I am so relieved for you. I am sending you and your DH lots of positive thoughts, prayers and hugs!!! Love ya,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great attitude...proof of another one of those little miracles that surround us every hour of every day...sometimes we never even know how blessed we and sometimes we come face to face with just how amazing life really is...enjoy today...love and more love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I read what happened with you and Jeff and I am quite impressed with how you have dealt with it all. I am glad I have good news...You are the winner of the Hollyhock and Clematis seed packets from the Part-time Gardener. If you could send me your address, I would love to send you these seeds ASAP. I am glad I will send you these seeds and hope they bring you some joy! All the best, Part-time Gardener

    ReplyDelete
  4. heavens! you'll be in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was an ordinary miracle for the two you. Second chance, thank GOD ! You certainly did handle it correctly, a lesson for all of us. Have a healthy life. Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness you didn't need a third sign to "get it" and it's wonderful that Jeff is alright. Will keep healthy thoughts in my heart and prayers for you both.

    On a lighter note ... I was lucky enough to receive one of the WONDERFUL panels that you made for the Birds and Bonnets Swap - it is sooooo delightful! Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete