Sunday, June 8, 2008

Trash? Treasure? You Decide!!!

What a weekend! Jeff and I and our buddies Mike and Barbara worked our way through a plethora of garage sales, estate sales and then hit the Goodwill Store. I got plenty of trash items - just waiting to be turned into treasure.
Speaking of turning something in.............. Look at this little old Golden Book. Call CPS. Her poor little kitten soiled his mitten and there's no time out or sitting in the corner.......she's spanking him!!! Do you think it's an older copy???
This little jewel folds up flat and once it was opened it looks pretty good as is.Here's my garage sale mirror. $5.00 but they came down to $4! I'm painting it white for my guest room. I even like that discoloration on the edge of the mirror.
Great old dictionary and Childs Garden of Verses with wonderful illustrations.I've had this shade for a lot of years and move it around a lot but it seems right at home on this old wall lamp I got on ebay. This wicker table top sags (yes, it should be my table!!!!!) but looks and works great with a glass top added. (My little grandson decorated this for Christmas a couple of years ago) The old green bread tin underneath is great storage and I left it as is, also, This dear ......
candelabra was made by my dad for my inlaws. There's lots of coats of paint chipping off and it's great for hanging stuff on. Below that is a wicker cedar chest (what a description!) bought at a church tag sale.Oops - I almost forgot about this......I really have no place for it but felt it should have a better home than the old dusty garage it was living in so I just brought it home with me! Isn't the black floral trim just the prettiest??? I guess I'll sell it but I really hate to part with it.

I could go on all day but I just got home and want to see all of your trash. Thanks for stopping by and thank you Analise for hosting this fun tour. Check out all the trashy sites listed on Analise's trashed out blog. You'll just love it. Trashy Nancy



http://leesiebella.typepad.com/leesiebella/

16 comments:

  1. What wonderful finds you have come by! Isn't it fun to see what we all have that someone else didn't want?! I love that black & white kitchen table ~ you might think about keeping it, as I'm sure you will never find another!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the white tablw with black flowers. I would also have had to haul it home not knowing where the heck it would go. Thanks for sharing today! Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Treasure! Not trash! You've got a good eye... and some luck I think. I never find goodis like that when vintage shopping. Thanks for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that golden book....how funny to find one with spanking in it....times have changed for sure.

    I love that black and white table with the floral designs around the edges.....I'd have a hard time parting with that too, even though I don't have black and white in my house.....maybe use it as inspiration piece...it certainly is pretty...

    Smiles -

    Christa
    Chloe Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! I loved the old childrens book. That is so funny. I would have to say it is a old copy. HA! HA! I would have loved to found that at my yardsales this weekend. What a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovelovelove the black and white table! I'd have hauled it home in a hot second, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in lust -- especially for those books, but just about everything you bought captures me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love that table!!! Are you sure you don't have a place for it? It is in such good condition!! Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember that book with the kitten! :) You found some great things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Treasure...definitely treasure! That book is a hoot... Naughty kittens indeed...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh! I just realized that I had torn up that very edition for one of my vintage book birdhouses...it's probably terribly collectible because of the spanking...no doubt that part has been changed to spending time in the "Naughty Chair" rather than over Momma's knee.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy, what a fun haul!! You have so many fun things to share - ad that table is gorgeous!! Don't ya need a desk or something?! lol :o)
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved every single thing you showed us, although I would never spank a kitten. Do you think mom cat was hittin' the catnip?

    And I want want want that black-and-white table! Oh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A mama cat w/ raised paw... It made me sad. A different time. Love all of your fabulous finds. I have to make myself bypass mirrors as I have a truckload. So glad you shared. I missed this week w/ my fence and bedroom remodel taking prevalence. Oh, and I had to work too. Darn that job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOoooo! What great finds.... I so remember that kitten spanking! lol
    And I just love that dictionary- I have two of them, they have nice pages.. I will so be on the look out for these in the future (when I get through the two I have! lol)
    What fun treasures!
    Catch ya later!

    ReplyDelete
  16. that table is do die for! I wouldn't have anywhere for it either......what a shame.

    ReplyDelete