Saturday, June 14, 2008

Design on a Dime

You wanted to see my favorite Flea Market finds? Well, you might as well stay in my little attic guest room. Here at the top of the stairs is a large trompe l'oeil picture I found at Goodwill - it's marked $160.00 on the original tag on the back and I bought it for ....TAdA.......$2.99! Go ahead and throw your bags on the bed........... and sit down on

my $70 down filled loveseat. Not my best buy because I had to have it reupholstered but I love it and it had me at "down filled"!Behind it is a sofa table my husband picked up for $10.00. See the pretty broken china top???? It's fake. I decoupaged paper pieces on it. I saw something similar in a magazine and wondered how you could collect enough broken china in those patterns to do a whole tabletop - then I read it was paper and I had to try it!Remember my window mistreatment a few weeks ago. I bought these lovely lace Priscilla curtains just for the lace and who knew that my $2.00 garage sale find would be just perfect for this window. (My menopausal friends need the extra light to wake up along with a window unit to supplement the central a/c that just doesn't cut it up here!) And finally a real favorite. In the bottom of a box of junk I bid on at an auction ten years ago was a pair of these crystal holdbacks and this is the first place I've ever had to use them. I was soooo excited. Now......
If I could just find a really cheap painter at a flea market - truly, that would be a find!I'm off to visit our guest host Heidi at birds of a feather to see your fave finds!
Psst - wanna see some macho men????????? Check them out 6

14 comments:

  1. Holy Moly - what a great job you did on the table! HOW? I just have to ask. I've never heard of this. And you attic suite is so lovely! Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! Love the table! I need that kind of table desperately, but now I'll feel about getting something that really needs work -- that would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous finds...that cozy little guest suite is so comfortable...I forgot to compliment you on how pretty the curtain tie backs are...now that you tell the story, they are even more wonderful. I have always loved your down filled sofa...it is perfect in every setting you have placed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cozy bungalow!
    Denise Nantasket Beach Mass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cozy and sweet your room is and what wonderful finds. That sofa is beautiful and great idea and job on the faugh mosaic top..great idea! Fun to place to visit!

    Blessings...Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finds! Great table!! Had to giggle at what you say about your menopausal friends!! I'm one of them!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet little guest room. It looks so cozy and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty room! Great finds!
    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Cerri xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds! I bet that table took a lot of *patience*! Good job!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy! That table is pure gen.i.us. What a great idea to dress it up. And that down filled loveseat? Whoo-hoo! It's a steal, no matter if you reupholstered it or not. Lurrve it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds! They are all lovely! I love finding great, usable items for cheap. :) xoxo, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous idea to faux mosaic w/ decoupage!

    Your attic room is sooo charming...wish I had one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So wonderful! Your hard work has paid off! A fabulous room! Thanks so much for sharing it with us~~~XXOO, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. what great finds, dear! I am SO in LOVE with that sofa table!!! GREAT JOB! That is sooo cool. ;P

    ReplyDelete