Thursday, July 22, 2010

How To Get Rid Of Stickers!

Stickers!!! They're not just for matting sheltie fur anymore!  Lillie Louise is always getting in a sticker patch Lawns__get_rid_of_weeds_2002 by the fence.  Thank goodness someone told me about putting baby powder on them.  Yep, word to the wise – if your pooch gets stickers in her fur just sprinkle on baby powder and they slide right out.

But that's not why we're gathered here today.  I'm showing and telling some fascinating aspect of my life so I thought I'd show you my aprons I made for

Mary Ann's itty bitty book club.25856_430502226101_596486101_5367953_1827216_n I'm making two sets of twelve to send to her and will get back the cutest little apron book you ever saw. 

For this Apron book I decided to use what I've got and I've got a million stickers.  Do you ever use them anymore?  I don't very often so I was trying to make them not so flat.  They make cute little dangly charms. Stuck on cardstock and then "popped up" they look pretty cute also.

ibb apron 2

There's not a lot of pink in these but there's always a little – it's only fitting…don't you think?

ibb apron 1

I made 12 blue and green aprons with old paper and trims from Big Lots and some of these stickers are probably 12 years old now!

DSCN3730

And twelve on tan cardstock. 

DSCN3740

Besides a teatime theme I seem to have going on there is some sage advice….advice

got that straight now?  Now go take a nap – ignore the housework and enjoy the moon!

DSCN3751a

Today I'm joining:

Claudia at Dipity Rd for Friday Finding Beauty, Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday, and Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for Pink Saturday!

17 comments:

  1. great hint....cute aprons...

    ReplyDelete
  2. great hint....cute aprons...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Sweetie this is a divine post! I especially love the
    Housework, when done correctly can kill you! Soooooo true.

    Always such a treat to join you and thanks ever so much for making my day and others by joining with us at FFB :)

    Hugs hon.

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, and MORE cute!! Love it.

    For your convenience, Here Is My Show and Tell Bargain Link. Hope to see you visit with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really darling and love the housework tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great and I absolutely love the tags!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My GAWD, you are clever! I am running out to my sticker drawer right now. Love the little aprons!
    And thanks for the trip down River road.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy! Stop me in my tracks! I have never heard of such a thing as this swap and am totally envious of your beautiful tags. (Forget all that mumbo jumbo about on my owl post!) Why oh why did I ever part with all my stickers that I couldn't find a use for. That's it! My next swap will be inspired by your amazing work. Inspiration to be found here! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just Love stopping by and visiting with you :-) You have the Cutest, Most Adorable Crafts, so much Fun!!! Got a kick outta your Pink Caddy too ! :-) You're one Fun filled Gal!
    Have a Fantastic Weekend ~
    oh, and Thanks for stopping by :-)
    Angel ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely..these are all super charming and so pretty! Wonderful!!
    have a gorgeous day!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, if those aren't the cutest little aprons...how clever! Wouldn't they be cute strung across the window...
    I love them.
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Pink Saturday! You are SO smart to use those stickers as a "charm"!! Clever girl!! Oh and I know how awful those other kinds of stickers can be in poochie fur.....OUCHIE!!

    We are super busy getting ready for the gr. boy's first b.day party....with a John Deere theme!!! I have to run, but just wanted to say HI and hope you have a great day! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  13. How absolutely clever & darling!

    Have a lovely PINK weekend ~
    TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That is going to be one cute little book! I recognize the Big Lots papers, we only paid $5 for that giant packet...I'm still using stuff from that collection. And the Susan Branch girlfriend stickers are all time favorites. Well, my friend, you've outdone yourself on these...Don't let me pass up the next one when Mary Ann puts out an invitation. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for confirming what I always suspected about housework!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, your pictures are just beautiful! I love these tags~
    Thank you for sharing!
    Have a good evening!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete