Thursday, July 1, 2010

Paper Cowgirl

What a welcome!

DSCN3376

How about this outfit? Pink and aqua and a glittery six shooter and a chocolate holster…add to it

DSCN3379

A gussied up hat and you've got a Paper Cowgirl Dream Outfit!  Thanks Ann Denise.  DSCN3382

The Meet and Greet Thursday night was crowded, chaotic and complete fun and excitement!  We had a welcome bag of goodies and the swaps.  They were amazing.DSCN3367

We grabbed a nametag -  a lucky horseshoe all glittered up

DSCN3500

And a pretty wrist cuff corsage for each one of us made by who else but Ann Denise.

DSCN3504

Mendy Texas hosted a 16 Blossoms swap.

DSCN3375

A fabulous trim swap by Carol.

DSCN3362

and my Paper Doll Swap hosted by me and my ever faithful trusty sidekick, LaVerne!DSCN3365

Just look at some of these…so much creativity

page

Stunning vintage trims.

DSCN3498 

This amazing painted canvas flower from the fabulous Suzie Button – my longtime Paper Cowgirl friend.

blossum from suzie

There are no strangers at Paper Cowgirl.  Everyone's a friend – new or old.  The night before I left I revisited several blogs to put a face with the cowgirl.  I was thrilled to meet Sarah – our own Gypsy Mermaid who came with my favorite  Cajun Jodie  le Juene.  Louisiana artists were well represented with these two gals.  More and more out of staters were here this year.  Through the Where Bloggers Create party I found Cami at Creating Myself and then there she was at the Meet and Greet.   My first class was with    Cindy Gilstrap from Jolie Paquet.  Honestly – next year I'm taking an autograph book 'cause I'm such a fan of all these people.  A poignant moment was our Head Cowgirl, Cindy Mayfield, introducing us to Tina's husband and daughter, Will and Nicole.  We all loved Tina so much and we could feel her presence surrounding us.   Thanks to the vision of Tina and Cindy each year I meet more talented people and reconnect with old friends – Suzie, Susan, Judy, Jan, Phyllis Ann, Mendy, Joanna, Terri,  Candy and Terry and I shouldn't have started mentioning names because I'd go on forever.  Now I know what it's like to try to thank everyone at the Academy Awards- you just can't do it- so thanks to everyone who makes Paper Cowgirl so special – I'm definitely a winner to have met all of you!

Happy Trails!  xoxo Nancy

5 comments:

  1. it looks like a whole lot of fun was going on. Lots of eye candy here!! Love that chocolate gun and holster! ;-D

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh...what fun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nancy, I enjoyed meeting you too! (and thanks for the shout-out!) Love the shots you got of PC...wasn't it too much fun? I came home & had a private, family memorial service for my daughter's boyfriend (he was killed in a car accident last month)...I was wayyy too tired to deal w/ those kind of emotions, I can tell you that! Then I had to pick hubby up @ the airport @ 11:00 PM! But I slept until 9:30 on Monday, then took a nap @ noon & another @ 4:00 so I'm already excited about the next Paper Cowgirl. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy,

    Wow! You got some great photos! I had a great time visiting with you. Thank you for attending PC, I loved having you in class. I hope you enjoyed it all. Hoping to see you the next go around. Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy...wooops!...I mean Rio Boudreaux, I just LOVE you!
    Just wanted to pop in and tell you that I miss you :)

    ReplyDelete