Saturday, July 24, 2010

Madmen Words To Live By

 Shahdaroba by Roy Orbison….Play it – it's SWELL!

Shahdaroba means the future is much better than the past.

(Excellent words to live by don't you think? Thanks to Tracey at Notes From A Cottage Industry for hosting )

Are you guys planning on watching Mad Men? Well get out your girdles and pointy bras and come on over to my house for a highball.  You say you're pregnant??? No  problem – this is the '60s and pregnant or not we all seemed to smoke and drink!!

So let's fly back to the '60s – the Captain has turned off the no smoking sign and of course we're dressed to kill for air travel.  (See…I found an old picture of me!)

madmen_widescreenmadmen_widescreen

We women knew our place in a man's world.  We littered after a picnic, drove gas guzzling cars and let our kids play with plastic dry cleaning bags!  Yes, all of these little scenes show up in Mad Men.

Can't help it – it's my favorite show right now and season four starts Sunday night on AMC.  Last season ended with the haunting melody Shahdaroba sung by Roy Orbison sending Betty to Las Vegas for a divorce (When a dream dies/ And the heart cries….) and a hope of better days in season four for Don. (The future is much better than the past) You can feel the saxophoned countermelody in the pit of your stomach. 

So? How's that for Words To Live By???

Be there or be square!  xoxo Nancy

6 comments:

  1. I have loved this show since the very start. It's one of my top favorites. Not only is the story line great but seeing all the props from back then is a hoot.

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. TONIGHT!! So excited ... come visit my Mad Men post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quote! Never saw the show, it sounds like I've been missing something fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never have missed an episode!!! Even went to a Mad Men premier party...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I just joined the "Weekly Words" and I am trying to visit others' blogs to see THEIR weekly words. I love your post because it is FUN! Believe it or not, I have NOT seen Mad Men. I guess I should watch it? I was born in the late 50's, so I am sure my mother had a cig and a cocktail while pregnant! LOL! Thanks for the cute post.
    Best regards,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete