Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Grace's Marie Antoinette Book

It’s Pink Saturday time!  Thank you to Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for this wonderful, weekly soire!

I’ve fallen  behind on posting my pictures of the Round Robin books so I’ll start with the most recent first.  This Round Robin book making it’s way through 10 people this year  was made by Grace of Pink In The City.  She chose the doomed Queen Marie Antoinette as her subject. 

Here is the cover she made for her book.  Beautiful isn’t it?

marie bookDSCN0540

I found a super high res copy of this painting of Marie which allowed me to crop a portion of it to use as a background picking up the beautiful details.  I honed in on the lacy part of her dress.  I love being able to see the brush strokes on the canvas when it’s blown up.

 

marie3

The other two images are from the Graphics Fairy.  She is truly a Fairy Godmother sharing all these fabulous images with us.

marie bookDSCN0532

The background on page two is a collage of scraps from page one, real lace, and a picture I took of a box of dried hydrangeas.  I turned a gazebo into a carriage of sorts with a door of mirrors  pulled by a very strong bird…or maybe it’s a teeny carriage pulled by your average size bird.  You decide.  Velvet wheels fit for a Queen!

 

marie bookDSCN0528

Although it’s hard to see… the words are from a texture of the background.  Marie was a gardener so I think she must have worn “ordinary” clothes such as these to prune her roses.

marie bookDSCN0527

The corner piece is a scrap of an antique paper doily and the Queen is decoupaged  right onto the background.

 marie bookDSCN0531

In her hand I’ve placed a teeny little antique doll fan.

marie bookDSCN0535

It actually opens and closes and is one of three that I have/ had as I used one on Kay Ellen’s Round Robin book and I think it’s a perfect embellishment for Queen Marie.

 marie bookDSCN0537

As I had this laid out all in blue it occurred to me…”Mon Dieu! Where ezz my brainzz???!!” Was it not for Grace of Pink in the City so in came the pink.  Lost my head momentarily!  This last picture can be supersized should you wish to see the messy details!  I love the layers of lace from the previous pages framing my page!

DSCN0525

 

This book was so much fun to do.  Grace gave us free reign.  Merci, Grace…chapeaus off to you! That about covers all the French words I know so now I must bid you adieu.  Au revoir…Nancy

13 comments:

  1. Nancy, I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this. Wow! Wow! Wow! Every little detail is magical.

    I hope I'll be seeing you later for Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Book!!! Love all the details. Visiting from Pink Saturday. Have a great weekend!
    Shelley from Shell's Vintage Charm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love Marie too!! The book is lovely, cute idea to turn the gazebo into a carriage! Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely and interesting presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love this!
    I've just added pictures on Flickr. photostream inekeoriginal with places Marie Antoinette did visit. Please look at my castle pictures!
    with love from Holland,
    Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness this is sooooo gorgeous!! It is so inspiring.
    Happy Pink Saturday! xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful pages for your book, I love the shabby French appeal and the collage effects you have created.
    Visiting from Pink Saturday.
    I hope you are having a good weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pink this week. So pretty!

    My PINK..., have a great weekend!

    PS. I am now your follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Pink Saturday.....I am sorry I'm late visiting you! Actually, I started to visit another time, but your post wasn't loading very fast that moment and I was in a major toot...so much going on this weekend...that I needed to postpone my visit! So here I am! :)

    You did such a splendid job on Grace's book! You didn't waste a moment getting it done, either! You and LaVerne blow me away with your speediness in this Circle Journal project---wish I worked like that! :) Anyway, I really loved reading about your process of designing the pages....that makes it even more special to understand how you went about doing what you did! I love the sweet doll fan touch and the wonderful backgrounds you created....but I have to say, that bird pulling the coach is just the best!! So clever and precious! He is strong...you can see his little birdie muscles flexing!! And oh those lovely wheels you added.....sigh....just adorable!

    I saw my dealer friend on Friday...the one I told you about who was coming to Round Top. She said she was at your "venue" but couldn't find you. ??????? Is your area huge? It looked fairly spread out from your photos....like the booths weren't totally stacked on top of each other. Hope you've recovered from that experience!!

    I ran my 5k yesterday, but shouldn't have. My foot is killing me this morning...will be getting it looked at soon. I did run a week ago...it killed me the next day, but improved each day with icing and taping..so by yesterday, it felt pretty good. And it didn't hurt at all during the run, but it started doing so later and by last night..ouch. Anyway, I also rolled my left foot on the STARTING pad (they stretch these pads across the starting line and they have sensors in them that activates everyone's "chip timer" we have attached to our shoes)....I hit something just right on my first step and my left foot/leg rolled and I quickly adjusted so I won't crash and be trampled by all of the folks behind me..and in doing so, I strained something in my left hamstring area! That started hurting about the mile and a half mark...plus my endurance isn't up to par since I can't get out and run more than once a week....so I walked for a couple of minutes, then returned to running. I did that two more times during the race. It was still fun and my time was still good, but now I'm paying the price! Old age sucks.

    Gotta get ready for church.


    Thanks for this lovely PS share....L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been keeping up with these fairy tale pieces of work on several blogs and they are truly amazing. Love what you did and especially the little tiny fan that works. Happy belated Pink Saturday. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Nancy, My thank you is belated but well meaning for your anniversary comment on my PS post. You really made me smile with all those sweet words that meant so much to us. You definitely made me laugh out loud as well. Wow, 47 years is awesome. Yep, we had a wedding that was very much alike. It was suitable for the times. I have regretted not having better photos. Such is life.

    Grace's journal is lovely. I have spent time preparing for my pages for her journal. I too will enjoyed creating them.

    Your pages are beautiful with much thought in your design. I can tell you researched her life. I must do the same. I didn't know she loved to garden.

    Wishing you sunny happy days.
    xo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! How can I top this? I won't even try!! Lovely job and I get it last of all - so I'll soak in everyone's inspiration!!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete