Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Let's Go For A Walk

Today I remembered to take my camera and I thought I'd take you along on our morning walk.  My house is on the corner…peek through the Queens Crown/coral vine and you can see. 

DSCN4723

Queens crown loves the sun and does fine in a drought.  I'd like to have more of it!    

DSCN4725The Neighborhood

This is on the opposite corner.  It was a vacant lot and a young couple moved this old house in from Austin.  It fits the neighborhood perfectly.  Everyone has a flag – isn't that great?

DSCN4726The Neighborhood

We all have at least two lots for each house. 

DSCN4727The Neighborhood

Make a left here past this neighbor.  I think we have houses built in about every decade from 1907!

DSCN4730The Neighborhood

Why didn't I think of this sooner???  Combining photos into a collage???

Here's Diane's house – love love love it – she built a matching playhouse for her grandkids. CUTE!!!  Supposedly this house was a Sears catalog kit house!

walk2

Do you hear all that yapping across the street from Diane's?  See the two lots and the insurance company on the Main St.  Well that's some dogs of the employees.  The man that owns the ins. company bought the Pfluger house and 5  lots.  His daughter lives in the house and the fenced part is for the insurance company employee's dogs during the day.  I think that would be a perfect place to work!  The goats used to live there!  Anyway Iris is afraid but Lillie's over there yapping back.

walk3 Continuing up the street is LaNelle's back yard.  Look at her clothesline….she has to use a walker now so  it  has a new use!  Then Scott the plumber's house and on up the street to the walking path.  The top left  corner is Belinda's…more on that on the way back!walk4

So here's the walking path.  Iris and Lillie – they stick together – going or coming!!!  Who need's a new shirt? Who won't throw it away??? Hoarder….   Now let's head home.walk5

This is the back of Belinda'a house.  Can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it is – inside and out.  The taller metal roof is her barn – full of her holiday things.  The other shorter is her garden house – fabulous beyond belief and the little spring/pumphouse….and then her house.  I could stand here all day and be jealous but the girls need to go home and take their morning nap.walk6

Are you tired from our walk?  Next time we'll go to the walking path by the creek.  It's such a pretty walk.  Bye for now.  xoxo Iris, Lillie and Nancy.

Today we're joining these fun events:

Cindy's Romantic Home Friday Show and Tell

Dipity Rd for Friday Finding Beauty 

How Sweet the Sounds Pink Saturday

A Southern Daydreamers Outdoor Wednesday

20 comments:

  1. I could walk in that neighborhood forever! I love the houses! Your puppy-girls are sweet too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the walk thru the neighborhood.Lovely!...Iris and Lillie are beauties too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Thanks for visiting LazyonLoblolly.
    -Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that neighborhood and I can't believe you have flowers there! It is just beautiful. Got you on my Google Reader.

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely neighborhood you live in Nancy! I enjoyed 'our' walk! Hello to Iris and Lillie!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh.....soooooo cute.....those dogs are adorable.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great neighborhood...thanks for inviting us on the walk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lived in Austin for a year and a half, and I loved it sooooo much. Anyway, beside the point. :D Thank you for sharing your walk. It's getting rather gloomy and very Octoberish here in Canada, and a little sunshine is the perfect thing to offset all this chilly rain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really enjoyed the walk around the neighborhood. Didn't get winded once...lol....Beautiful photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like a fun neighborhood...great houses...thanks for the walk...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I KNEW I would love your neighborhood! How awesome to be in a spot with such history.....and with home owners who take pride in their area!! I love it, Nancy!

    Your girls look so happy together on their little stroll, too!! Doesn't your heart just swell with happiness over them? Mine does every time I see their sweet little selves!

    Gotta scoot....gonna spend a birthday gift certificate today, then get back here and finish (I hope) the ANNIE dress!

    Thanks for sending your hill push across the miles....I will be needing it!! :)

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute post and great looking neighborhood!
    thanks for visiting me and I'm so sorry I'm so late getting back...
    gail
    adventuresininnkeeping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I completely enjoyed taking a walk with you through this very sweet neighborhood! Adorable homes! Your Queens Crown vine is gorgeous! I will check to see if it will grow in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great walk you took us on. I love peeking into other worlds and seeing new things. I have never seen that coral vine before...that is so gorgeous. And the clothesline is so cool looking now. Thanks for sharing...such a wonderful world that you live in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy I've never heard of Queens Crown, but OMG I love it, and it's PINK!!!
    Isn't it nice to have homes that aren't stuck together where your neighbour can see what your having for dinner?
    The pups look so happy going for a walk in your great "hood".
    Happy FFB Nancy
    Love Claudie
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun that was. In my old neighborhood I loved to walk and check everyone's yards out and see what they were planting or not. Now I am out in the country and I just walk and talk to the birds....no houses. Tickled pink you are joining the party. See you there. xo Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful and welcoming neighborhood. Your Shelties are gorgeous. We had ours for 20 years, they lived long lives. Have a Happy Pink Saturday and a Blessed week end.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your dogs are gorgeous! And what a lovely neighborhood. Love your vine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Pink Saturday, Nancy.

    I loved the walk around your neighborhood. It looks like the perfect place to live.

    And, those pink blooms are stunning. And, that they are good in drought makes them even better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Love your post! Beautiful neighborhood!
    Blessings, Shirl
    Shirls Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pinks in the foliage!

    ReplyDelete