Sunday, June 1, 2008

You Have Better Storage Than Me But Here's Mine Anyway!

Wait for me - I wasn't going to do Show and Tell today (what a week I'll tell you later) but I started looking at all your neat blogs and now I feel like you guys went on a girl trip without me! My camera batteries are DEAD so here's some pictures I took last month and who knows why? Maybe testing the flash. This should make you feel organized and maybe later I'll take some real pictures!
Here's my new storage area that I got last month from my dear friend Craig. Yes, he sold it to me for $40! In the middle section I keep a lot of copier and computer paper. On the left side I keep ribbon rolls and in the sewing baskets are buttons. Pretty much everything is jumbled up. I wish I could say things were sorted by color and size but I always tell the truth on my blog (except when I lie or exaggerate!) and it's a big mess.I use all sorts of things like bowls, planters, and vintage things to store supplies and when I'm avoiding getting something important done I start decorating them! My favorite "storage" thing is that lazy susan on the top. I keep adhesives and my most used items on that. I love old napkin holders to put stuff in, too.Here's a shelf unit (thank you, Craig) I picked up for $15. I have three more of these in different sizes. I use vintage red plastic canisters and storage containers to store smaller items. Most of these have labels as do the old wicker suitcase deals in the corner. I have to label the outside because last year I seem to have misplaced my memory. This is the wall where we just tore off the wall board. Every wall in this house has this bead board behind it. I'm sort of liking seeing the various paints from the last hundred years so we may leave it like this. It's a great excuse for not getting it painted, none the less! I had big plans for all the space since it goes up high but my husband made 10 of his wire crosses and hung them up here. How would he like it if I took over his so called garage workspace?????Oh wait, I do that! Should I paint the wall or not? Yes?????No?????? Sorry I was late and thanks for waiting on me blog buddies - you guys are the best.
Thanks Cerri and Analise for hosting - now go see them!!!! Click on the title and you're there!



13 comments:

  1. Everything looks very organized and cheerful and inspiring...one of these days you'll teach me how to post on my blog then link to the original. Amazing that inspite of your stressful week you were still able to get this together...Happy, restful Sunday. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I had to come check out all your great organized stuff. I can't believe we have the same sap bucket. Hope to get to see yours too. Have beautiful week!!

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. This doesn't look like a "big mess" to me. It looks very organized compared to what I had before I de-junked my craft room.

    I think the old paint on the bead board is interesting. Thanks for sharing. Joyce in Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your wicker basket pile/stack/mountain! Just the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks organized to me :). To paint or not to paint? I say give a whirl and paint. I think a gallon of paint is the best bang for you buck, when it comes to decorating. Have fun with it :).

    Karen at Ciderantiques

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great deal on the cabinet for $40.00 dollars Love it. I really like the little containers you have and the wicker baskets. Thanks for sharing.


    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had glorious weather today so spent most of it outside after I posted this morning...until now! First, on the wall, I like the distressed look, so I am good with it the way it is...but if you want to change the color then paint. I like your lazy susan...hmmm...gonna be on the look out for one of those now. It all looks very organized!
    Hope this week is a little more relaxing...
    -Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw a comment on Dreamintertwined's shown tell post about how you plan on using a glass battery case to store spools of ribbon. Just wanted to thank you for the idea! I have an old battery case too & I think that's the perfect use for it. Thansk again! Cami

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the old paint! And I love using the bowls and such -- you had one in there -- is it cherries or fruit on the edge? It almost looked like Hall China! I love all the space you have in your area and how tidy it is. Mine is NOT! Thanks for inviting us all to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't paint the wall! The chippy color looks great like that.
    Love your storage ideas! Please feel free to "steal" my buttons on the barkcloth picture idea. I'm sure I stole it from someone else :-)
    Have a great day!
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  11. If the paint is old you need to have it checked for lead especially if small children play in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the wicker baskets for organizing. Great job on getting things in their proper place. Love the blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks anonymous for the heads up. The paint is 100 years old so it definitely has lead but I have no little ones exposed to it. If we don't paint we're sealing where it has chipped off. Don't they have to injest it to be harmful? I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete