Saturday, May 24, 2008

My Pictures of China (Not the country, silly!)


It's Show and Tell Sunday again. Already! Where did last week go???? China is on the agenda today and as we all know - repeat after me - You can never have too many dishes!!!!!!



This set is Gefle Vinranka. I found this set in a little town in South Texas. It's a huge set with tons of serving dishes and service for 10. Am I going to drag the whole set out? NOOOOOOO. But here's a few pieces.I think the pattern is called Grape Leaf. I put it on layaway as soon as the lady told me the price - $100. When I got home and told my hubby about it he said "Are you crazy?" and I thought oh buhruhther....he's going to gripe at me after all that fishing stuff he buys but no......he thought I was nuts for leaving the set there on layaway! She might change her mind.So two days later on Valentines Day, he brought me breakfast in bed on this china! He went back and paid the balance and brought it home.
Now isn't that sooo sweet?!?


Here's my Woods and Sons set. I really love this.....
...... This teapot was a Christmas gift from Jeff. Guess who used to buy more china that me???????Guess who used to call on hospitals and was done by 3p.m.?????and scoured antique stores in three states. Wasn't me.
Speaking of Christmas - just one little addition and I'm there!

This is some unfine china but I love it. I think they were from Marshalls.
How about this bathing beauty perched on top of a china cupcake???
Would you believe I have a lawn sprinkler just like her?
Anyway, we just use the heck out of them in the summer.

This is some really pretty Limoges - only about 20 years old
Actually I mix two patterns of this.
And here's more Haviland Limoges that's really old.
It's so delicate looking but surprisingly not as fragile as you might think.

A soup cup - I'm not even sure how to use this. It is a soup cup, isn't it? You know I'm not really sure!
Oops - some teapots but don't go any closer - it's really dusty up here. I wondered where that little glass vase hiding in the back was!
Of course I have more but I'm beginning to think maybe enough is enough so I'll leave you with a verse on a sweet little plate.
Hope you have a day to rest your heart! Nancy

Thank you Analise for hosting today. Be sure and visit her to see all the blogs showing off their fabulous china collections.

http://leesiebella.typepad.com/leesiebella/


31 comments:

  1. Wow -- what a collection! Thanks so much for sharing. You have some absolutely beautiful pieces and such a dear husband!

    XO,

    Rosalyn-Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've a great collection! And a great hubby too!! What a sweetheart! I love your christmas set, but the blue china is very beautiful too! Have a nice sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Beautiful!!! Love your collection!!! The teapots are just too cute!!! Thank for sharing.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow beautiful collection Stunning!!
    Love the cupcakes too! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a beautiful collection right down to the unfine china.
    -Mya

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that red set! yYou have a great collection going there! And lucky you, your husband's turned into a china hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an incredible find...those are way too special. A $100?!!!! Heaven was smiling on you that day!
    Thanks for sharing!
    xo
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great collection. I so enjoyed your pictures. I love your blue and white China. It is beautiful!!! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is my kind of man...and you are my kind of funny!!!
    Love the blue set to death...the pink transferware...and the Limoges :) wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you have no problem mixing it up! And I really like the pink/red set. Blessings.. Polly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely lovely! I can't decide if I like the blue or the red either (get both I see!). Perfect solution.

    Thank you for sharing, Karen at Ciderantiques

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, your husband is a peach! I love all of your sets. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the cherry plates and the one with the bird.Thank you for sharing your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I love all your China sets, but I think the baby blue roses are my favorites, thank you for sharing and I sure enjoyed this visit Pinkie Denise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything is lovely! Including the husband who brought home the blue and white china! We should do Christmas together - I have matching red and white. My Grandmother started it, now Mom and I have added to it. PS -I fixed the plate hanger last night -I had a crash not long ago and now I have a mosaic mirror frame!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet husband to spoil you with breakfast on blue and white! I love the red and white, too, it's my second favorite although I don't own any (YET!) Carla

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful! I love those sweet little cherry plates! Adorable!

    Thanks for sharing with us today!

    xoxo
    Analise

    ReplyDelete
  18. The china pictures are just fabulous...great stories to go with them...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the part about your husband bringing you breakfast in bed on the dishes...CLEVER! I adore all your wonderful treasures. Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the Shawnee tea pots..., I've got the Tom Tom the Piper's Son one too! Just found your blog...I'll definately be back. I am drooling at the rest of your china!

    ReplyDelete
  21. your husband sounds like a keeper! great collection, thanx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! What a great story about the Grape Leaf set! Love the Christmas set and the one with the pretty little blue flowers!
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nancy,
    Come by to enter my giveaway! and check out the link to the 40 other participant blogs that are having give-aways! Looks like you are on a winning streak, so thought you'd want to know. Pretty china BTW!
    -Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am humbled by all your beautiful China! I am so not a China person, although I adore it!! You must feel like a queen when you eat off any of those dishes!! lol Have a lovely one!!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful collection! I love the verse at the end. Isn't it nice to come home? Take care. Di

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so frustrated I didn't join Show and Tell till after this challenge! I collect dishes/china -- I can't resist! Yours is beautiful! I especially love the teapots, Limoges and the Woods and Sons! Oh, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a collection! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gosh, what beautiful china you have! I'm especially fond of the pink & white castles china! Soo very pretty!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  29. OHHHH I love your china! And those ADORABLE cupcake plates.. you might put those away when I come and visit! LOL CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. seriously gorgeous post!! love all of your sets. love that hubby wanted you to have more dishes!! I'm a dish nut too. If you ever come back to South Texas to antique let me know and I'll meet with you.

    ReplyDelete