Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Little Things Mean A Lot






Over the years I've had to pare down some of my stuff. Some of my favorites end up here in a small little cabinet by my bed. They remind me of people and places in my life.....little blessings. The little chatelaine was lost in a box for 10 years and we were so happy to see each other that she gets to stay on the "outside". At one time I had a thimble collection - it was an '80's thing and they got packed away except for...











..just a few of my all time favorites. I even add to it every so often.


My good friend LaVerne gave me the beginnings of a glass menegerie because I collected roosters! (If you are a rooster don't plan on me buying you because enough is enough!)









I love having these pictures of my grandsons close by - I can keep them little forever in here!





The three little piggies - aren't they adorable??! They each hold exactly one penny. One year I bought one for everyone I knew for Easter!




The Limoges (uuh sure, they're authentic;0) ) are three that survived the purge. My sister in law sent me the cute little flower pot and the girls like to have it close by! My sons used to give me shells so they stay in here next to the piggies.



Now these gals are serious girlfriend stuff - how do you like the bathing beauties - that's only two of them - Nancy and Judy - Barbara somehow got left in a box (she never did like to wear her bathing suit in public) but she'll be in here soon. The little Demdaco holding the dog is wearing a three amigos sombrero. My husband threw it out once and I almost had to divorce him! I think Barbara and LaVerne have theirs too. Then there's always a little "Pooh" sneaking into my collections.
And then last week I received this marvelous box of "Vintage Ephemera"goodies from my swap partner Lisa Laughs .It was full of all sorts of vintage papers, buttons, jewels, laces and ......well you get the idea.....but she also included this wonderful collage that she made and I absolutely love it. So move over Ms. Chatelaine - you have to share the knob with this because it's now one of my favorite things also. Thank you, Lisa.



2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you for stopping by my place today! I've enjoyed reading through your blog and getting to know you a little! Congrats to you and Hubbie on 40 years! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, what an honor to be sharing the knob with Ms. C!! And, yes, you are a perfect 10!! I just love reading about your adventures and you sure know how to tell a story!! I hope we can do another swap together later this year!! You are a sweetie!!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete