Friday, May 23, 2008

Bird's and Bonnets

Beth and Karla......Karla and Beth - just count on those two to come up with some fun art project. Create four panels using a new collection of wallpaper and birds and bonnets images from TheVintageWorkshop which they would give you for participating.....free. No downside to that so I jumped right in - I sent my four panels in along with 300 others and I'll get four different panels back made by four different artists. I saw some of these on Flickr and they are just amazing. I had forgotten it was also a contest and found out today that I won a $25 gift certificate to buy some of their collections. A win/win for me for sure!
Here's four of my panels
Love these bird images - I added some flocking to the brown one and Ms. Yellow Bird was so prissy with her added feathers she decided she needed a collar added!Can't seem to get enough of this guy! I used him on some memory rings for Mother's Day!
Lots of covered chipboard and dug out some of my old Melissa Neufield stickers!
This gal got some hat embellismentsI had to leave room on each side for the holes and binder ring so things got a little smooshed up!
A pockets page works perfectly don't you think? The bluebird must be flying over with materials for the lady's hat embellishment! Too late - she's done!
What a fun project this was. Thanks for hosting Beth and Karla - it was so "tweet" of you! Nancy

4 comments:

  1. Your panels are gorgeous!!
    hope i get one!
    oxoxo,
    jessi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, your panels are AMAZING!! Love all the extra detail you added to the images!! Youre so good!! :o)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I won a GC too! These were absolutely gorgeous -- I wish I'd received one of yours, although I loved all the ones I received, too! Couldn't be a more fun swap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THOSE ARE AMAZING!!! Wow! I am sooo kickin' myself for missing this one!
    Very nice job, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete