Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Remember in my last post I mentioned I had received some fabulous ephemera. I recently was fortunate to be in the Vintage Ephemera Swap hosted by Cupcake D D and was really lucky to have my new friend Rhonda as a partner. I've admired her work on Flickr and her etsy store Rhondamum and was thrilled to be paired up! Just look at this wonderful cigar box turned work of art. Every inch of this was


embellished with old papers, ledgers, trims and ribbons. An "N" for Nancy! And it was full of beautiful old buttons, cards, tickets and receipts from years and years ago.Even the bottom was papered and gilded and given little feet! Where do you girls come up with these treasures I never find anything like this....she whined! Old buttons on cards - what a treat.Rhonda sells these tags in her store. She's a Parisian connoisseur having traveled the world and incorporates this love of all things French into her work. Isn't that old seam binding beautiful?I was just fascinated with these old cancelled checks..... and ledger pages. (I wonder if 70 years from now anyone will find our online check registers equally as interesting!)

This is just the cutest old icebreaker game. I think the little games on the back will work equally as well today and I plan to use them at a party next month! Well copies - I'm hanging on to the original. I love this little box that was filled with even more treasures. I do believe Rhonda's stint as a fashion model shows through in her wonderful sense of style.I just love looking through these old things - thinking of new uses for them. If you have never been in a swap I highly recommend trying one.
It's a wonderful way to make new friends - I never would have expected to connect so closely with people online - through the written word. I guess pen pals have known that for a long, long time! Merci, Rhonda. I loved everything.

Now I need to thank Lisa for giving me this Brillante Weblog award. I've been thinking and thinking and I'm just not sure I can single out seven blogs like the rules state! So I'm going to go ahead and post this and look around lest Lisa thinks I'm ungrateful!

Thank you Lisa for thinking of me - you just made my day.
Here's some rules:

Put the logo on your blog:

  1. Add a link to the person who awarded you
  2. Nominate at least 4 other blogs
  3. Add links to those blogs on yours
  4. Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs

So I'm passing this on to these four talented women:

  1. Shannon at Faith and Chocolate
  2. Heidi Dreams Intertwined
  3. Rhonda at Rhondamum
  4. Cupcake D D

Thank you all for being an inspiration to me. Nancy

5 comments:

  1. That is quite a box of treats you have there. I'll bet you spent a nice long time taking every thing in! You are right about the cancelled checks. The online version certainly isn't as interesting.

    take care,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Nancy! How very sweet of you... my first blog award, and I am thrilled it is from you! Thank you oodles and oodles! ;P I'm so happy to have inspired someone in this big wide web-world! Have a fabulous day, my friend...
    HUGS,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, AND (I thought is was different post), I love your wonderful swap goodies. Bummer I missed that one! I have admired Ms Rhondamum, as well... so much talent on the web! Enjoy, enjoy!
    Love,
    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen old cancelled checks like those! How cool!! Love it all. =) Blessings.. Polly

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so wonderful Nancy! Thank you so much for this wonderful post and for the award. I am so honored to have a wonderful person and artist like you pass it along to me. And I am so thrilled that you loved all of your goodies and the box that I made for you.

    You have put a lot of joy in my heart during a very difficult time and I could never thank you or award you enough. You are a gem and I am so thankful that God brought you to me!

    Love you!

    Rhonda...

    ReplyDelete