Monday, July 14, 2008

My Crafty Little Crea!
What a perfect crafting day I had today. My little granddaughter to be, Crea, came over and we made Floats! (I've no idea why she named them this but it's better than me calling them those little scrabble letter holders you decorate). She painted, and glittered, and glued and arranged and rearranged and then I manned (or wo-manned) the hot glue gun and she would get her decoration close, then a little closer and hand off to me to put in place. Here she is exhibiting her work......... She's a serious artist and glad now she raided Barbi's closet.And so am I .... isn't she adorable???!!!?So we left her Float on display, and then made the other kind of floats - the kind with ice cream and root beer and talked about art!

It was a perfect craft day!
Should you want to buy one of these fabulous "Floats" regrettably Crea does not sell her work! However the oh so talented Barbi Queen Scrappy Jessi does right here in her Scrappy Jessi's Etsy store! Head on over to see some absolutely adorable stuff! Bye - I'm goin' shopping! Nancy

14 comments:

  1. What a precious granddaughter to be. I bet she loved making that darling FLOAT!!! She looks like she is about 2nd or 3rd grade. I teach second graders, and have taught third grade for about 15 years. This age girl is the most enjoyable. They love to make anything and just create. I know my little girl students would love to make something like this in class, this would be a great first of the year project to get to know each others names early on. Your grandchildren are precious. I will be going over to babysit baby wes this week. Can't wait. I think I need a rootbeer float now!! HUGS Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos for passing on the creative gene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name Crea, which reminds me of "Create"! Nice tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and sweet grandma you are! I love her "Float". I will have to do this one with my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crea did a great job...what a sweet Nana-to-be you are...she is bound to be creative, look at those long, artistic fingers...bet her mom was amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my! Serious, is right! She needs to submit that little creation! ;) Jessy N. would ever be so proud! LOL

    What a fun day, indeed... so glad you were able to have the chance, Nancy. Thank you so much for all your sweet comments on my posts! I've misse you while I was away!

    Crea is absolutely adorable! What a sweet face. ;)
    Hugs,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Nancy!! What a cutie pie she is!! And her float is adorable!! How fun it is to create with a child. It reminds us of the sweet good people we are, and helps us remember that beauty is all around us!! Have a beautiful day!!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was the sweetest post! Not only a fun day for you, but a wonderful memory she will always hold close to her heart. You're fab and we are all so lucky to have you!

    love ya!

    Rhonda...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, that child is just DARLING and those "floats" are terrific--was she pretending they were Parade Floats for the Rose Bowl? They are amazing and yes, she IS artistic! Good for you to nuture her talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I came over after seeing your link on the Sweet & Sinister Blog!

    Your granddaughter is so cute! (So is the "float"!) I'm enjoying your blog, and the music!

    *Heidi*
    Everyday Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is a cutiepie! I can't wait to do crafty things with my little grand-daughter :-)

    ReplyDelete