Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thrifty Finds By The Pound

What a day today!  A trip to Goodwill Hunting (my name for the Goodwill Outlet store) was certainly a success.  This is where they send stuff that doesn't sell in regular GW stores.  Don't be fooled by this orderly picture  - this is the new outlet before it opened.  Everything is thrown into these bins and it is crawling with people.  A lot of people wear gloves because they'll throw a heavy vacuum on top of wineglasses.  Honestly – I don't know why I go there sometimes.  It's all the way across town now as opposed to the old outlet that was 15 minutes away.   Gripe, gripe, gripe…and then I find good stuff!166249_178183625554937_128817527158214_393356_316137_n

First up is this darling gingerbread house.

DSCN6176

Now is the time to pick up stuff for next Christmas.  I found this old, old plastic wreath.    Everything is in big troughs and you dig through.  It's not for sissies by any means.

DSCN6172

There were a lot of these snowmen but I only got one.  It's new but so cute.  I loved this tin also and then I found an old sack of birds.

DSCN6171  Little brown ones and…   

DSCN6174

faded old red birds.  Love them. And the Santa tin.birds 1

This metal pedestal dish with a metal bird, and yes all these little wooden German figures and tree.

DSCN6179

I always pick up conch shells when I see them…a hammered aluminum tray, a broken clock and just because it made me smile that goofy little sunshine!DSCN6180    Whatever this stuff is it's great for repurposing for crafts – it's little mirrors sandwiched on clear line.

DSCN6181

Yards of this oilcloth – just could not believe it! Brand new!

DSCN6186

A tin, a fall topper, another wreath and that cowboy fabric is a shirt…soon to be just fabric!

DSCN6185

This is my favorite find of the day.  Heavy, custom made, cotton duck slipcovers which happen to fit my chairs perfectly.

DSCN6189

And there were four of them.  Amazing! 

DSCN6190

I got this earlier this week at a regular GW store – an embroidered lampshade. 

DSCN6191

You know I actually have more but I think this post is long enough already!  Now to get everything organized.   And then decide just what I'm willing to part with.  Definitely not the slipcovers!  :)

I'm joining Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday and

Leigh at Thrifty Thursday because I think I was really thrifty today.  By the way….all this stuff $1.39 per pound! I had about 30 lbs.!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You did great. Where are these "outlets" located?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I'm feeling a little envious :) We have a GW outlet near us, but I've never seen anything as good as what you found!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you got some seriously fun finds at GW! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we had a GW outlet! We have several Good Wills that I go to quite frequently.
    You found some awesome treasures! I love the snowman and all the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabric is stunning! Great vintage look. Love the birdies! You really got a mountain of treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you hit the jackpot forsure...

    ReplyDelete