Saturday, January 29, 2011

Take Time to Find The Pink

Honestly – I've got to get a little more pink back in my life!  (Time – pink = Pink Saturday – Pink Pictures +  no time = 0 blog posts!)

DSCN6282

That's a lousy equation, right?  So I searched and managed to find a "fraction" of pink.  This is the incredible piece that went into The Roost yesterday.  It's my favorite piece of all time and there's no chance of keeping it because I don't have one single place it fits in my house!

DSCN6281

This baby is huge and has such an interesting part in the middle. 

DSCN6290DSCN6289 

See how each part slides up? What do you think it's for?  Any experts out there?  Eileen at the mall thought the smaller board was a bread board for cutting and I think she's right.  My theory  is the slatted part pulled out to sit the bread on to cool.  

DSCN6283

I hope you are having a wonderful pink weekend.  If you need more…stop by Beverly's at How Sweet The Sound and add some!  xoxo Nancy

9 comments:

  1. This is an awesome piece of furniture and a monster, too. You'd really have to have a large kitchen and plenty of wall space to fit it in. But it is simply gorgeous...love all the detail!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. HPS!!! I kept checking to see if you had posted. . . . I was missing you! :)

    OMG...that is a fabulous cabinet! I'm sure it will fly out of The Roost!

    Yes, we have had some wonderful warm weather....I even got outside to exercise yesterday...the first time in a month. It felt great just to soak up the sunshine. Sadly, the cold air is a comin' back and bringing SNOW again. :( Getting pretty tired of that stuff.

    I hope to go junkin' for a bit today, but I've been on the phone too much and now the day is nearly half over. Oh, well, guess that means I'll be saving my money!

    Hope you have a great Pink Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing piece! A treasure from your friend Craig? If you can't keep it, I hope it sells quickly so that you don't become attached. It is unique and really beautiful...BTW, I finished most of your Valentine for the swap...hint, hint...it's a companion piece to the one you gave me...I didn't get around to posting today so I just visit the more organized and the more ambitious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful piece of furniyure.
    ENJOY!
    Jany
    Don't forget to "Look in the Nook"

    ReplyDelete
  5. HELLO AND HAPPY PINK SATURDAY~WOW WHAT A MAGNIFICENT PIECE!!!

    XO~MARI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous hutch - perfect for the Sandwich Generation family combining three generations. There's space for everyone's special knick-knacks - from my elderly parents' ceramic kitchen rooster collectibles to my pink and red rooster plates to my grandchild's pink papier mache pig. :) Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Pink Saturday, Nancy. I'm so glad you made it.

    Whoa! That piece is drop dead gorgeous. As Jeanne would say, it is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have to ask forgiveness...
    for WANT :)

    ReplyDelete